GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?

Go down 
+4
sideshowbob
beetle
hipower
Pete Roper
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:57 pm

There is currently an ongoing thread about 'Grisso' (Sic) ownership on the first page and it has been postulated thet rollerisation kits may no longer be available for the 8V motor.

If someone could just inform them that this is NOT the case and all kits are still available and, providing the right option is taken, are quite reasonably priced.
Back to top Go down
hipower
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
hipower

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:18 pm

I find wildguzzi to be a mess. its not very well organized.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:35 pm

Yep. I saw that thread...... [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:31 am

I worry about the OP. Unless is query about the brake pads was a joke?

He thinks he's mechanically adept? I have to say I'd worry about that if I were him.

Not my business, but I'd hate to see another GRiSO sent down the poop chute due to idiocy and/or neglect.

They aren't making them any more........

Glad I've got two....
Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:01 pm

I still lurk around over there, and occasionally torment them. If I get a chance I will mention it.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:59 pm

He's just joined up here Bob. Hopefully he will choose wisely.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:32 am

Never been able to register on Wildguzzi. The site won't let me.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:21 am

I check in there regular like. Post there once in a while. I saw the Grisso guy and noticed he was redirected here so figured he'd wise up soon and no need for me to mention it.

Wildguzzi is a bit of a catch all with all sorts of non Guzzi stuff mixed in. I think it adds some, moto related, and detracts some, non moto related. In the end it is what it is.

Most of the local Guzzi guys and gals are on there but I see them once a month or so anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:23 am

WG can be a hot mess, but several of the newer MODS have been doing a great job at tamping down some of the idiocy and censorship. But it is a catch all goulash forum. Some take it WAAAAAY to seriously, but some people have very small lives.

I've enjoyed forums since the early dialup list serve days for my car/motorcycle addiction. I don't participate in gun or whiskey forums, don't have enough need or interest to do so, and was one of the early members of SAABNET and a moderator on the original XS11 owners association.  

Always good comradery to be found, global friendships, as well as great technical advice and parts swapping. But like everything else, it is what YOU make it. All in all, I find the Guzzi forums to be the best.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:52 pm

HEY PETE There's a guy Marc from New Zealand on there now looking for you!!!!!!!!!!

ALL the experts are helping him now, fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:01 pm

But it has..carb..u..ret..tors...

Yuck!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:37 pm

Yeah, but the Mk III's use weird carbs. Of all of them the Mk III was one of the very nicest. Their carbs have shrouded atomiser orifices which greatly increases the manifold depression around the annulus of the atomiser and consequently they run much 'leaner' jetting. The mixture isn't leaner of course but the greater depression means that more fuel gets pushed up from the float bowl and forms finer atomised particles. If set up correctly they are really delightfully crisp.

One of the biggest problems you find with them is *Experts* tell their owners that the leaner jetting was forced on them by the evil gubmint and if they want the bike to be 'Uncorked' they should revert to the Mk I/II jetting. They do and their bike turns into a sooty, gutless, flubbering turd that wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding! But they showed those Greenies!

Fuckwits!

That bloke though I'm pretty sure he'll find he has 60 slides in which lean the mixture out off idle and it's bogging down. If he goes to a 50 it'll probably run like a champ.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:54 pm

Naw, says they are all stock & 50/3
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:34 am

Well I got nuttin' then.

Actually just had another look. Tony says that slide cutaway only effects 1/8'th to 1/4 throttle. This is correct, but if the engine doesn't transit this range and bogs it can't spin up sufficiently to move to a point where it comes onto purely needle and atomiser.

Another question is whether it is running a stock cam? Or did the previous owner fit a different grind?
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:05 am

All stock Pete, Thanks Muzz has been helping him.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 11, 2022 3:12 pm

Pete, Our beloved Club rep from the NE called them guy's NITPICKERS today, then I added to it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?   Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Anybody do 'Wildguzzi' any more?
Page 1 of 1