GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Another rear shock question

Go down 
+6
Pete Roper
Gouldy1411
Buellbloke
GuzziLooper
paulbrice
iwantone
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iwantone
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
iwantone

Another rear shock question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another rear shock question   Another rear shock question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2022 3:45 pm

Found one that's on its way. Was a bit cheaper even and it looks like there is a hyperpro spring on it.
No idea what the spring rate is though. Any one know if those springs are identifiable by sight? Numbers printed or something like that?
Back to top Go down
iwantone
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
iwantone

PostSubject: Re: Another rear shock question   Another rear shock question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:06 am

So here is another update:

Received the Stelvio shock. It has indeed been upgraded with a Hyperpro spring. The spring reads "hyperpro 91323" which is followed by either 0522 or 0552, can't remember now. I've been unable to find any real specs on that spring.

A generic motorcycle workshop nearby swapped the shocks for me, as I was too busy and would have had to borrow some tools. It took the guy a little over an hour to swap the shocks.

I haven't done anything to properly setup the shock at the moment. I will need to dial in the preload for riding by myself as well as with a pillion. I cannot reach the compression dial any more, its hiding behind the tuning fork now.
First riding impression is really good already. Steering feels good, and I'm quite impressed with the smoothing out of the bumps. I think a lot of the improvement "out-of-the-box" is the feeling of a progressive spring. This is my first one, but it feels like it's smoother for small bumps, and firmer for bigger bumps. I will have to get used to it.

Thanks everyone for informing me in earlier replies.
Back to top Go down
bjor
Biondino
Biondino
bjor

PostSubject: Re: Another rear shock question   Another rear shock question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:29 am

Very good  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Promising, - I'll change mine when season is over and am looking foreward to testing it out on bumpy roads next spring. Along with new bearings... Wink

Anyone have a link to how to properly set up the shock?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another rear shock question   Another rear shock question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Another rear shock question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2