GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Stable Mate

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Stable Mate Empty
PostSubject: Stable Mate   Stable Mate Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 17, 2022 3:33 pm

So, after a little nudging and cajoling from my Guzzi friends here in the heartland I've added the Mighty Scura to my stable.
Chuck, from Indiana, was interested in thinning his own herd and was looking for a new caretaker for his Dark Lady. A little discussion, some time, Guzzi Friends and an approving spouse was all it took to bring the planets and stars into alignment. I think I spotted a tear in the corner of Chuck's eye as we were loading her up. Certainly with the back story prior to Chuck caring for the Mighty Scura and with the his dedication to improving the reliability and ridability I understand how he must be feeling. Still hope to get a few rides in with him on his AreoLario this coming season.

There she sits waiting for clear weather.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Makes a good looking set.

Oz1200Guzzi, JohnA, Clancy, PJPR01, SMTCapeCod and GuzziLooper like this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

Stable Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stable Mate   Stable Mate Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:14 pm

Dang, your garage looks a lot like mine before the Shop Princess got there.

We really need to think about a Southern Indiana Rally. Sometime in early May?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Stable Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stable Mate   Stable Mate Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:43 pm

That Scura is an astonishing motorbike. I've never ridden another V11 that comes close. My ride across the deserts from Houston to LA on it was one of those 'Rides for the ages'. If I'd been able to bring it back here it would never of been sold.

Congratulations, you're going to love it.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

Stable Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stable Mate   Stable Mate Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:29 am

Rick, you're killing me with the "Shop Princess". If you're talking about your lovely wife, I get it. A woman's touch etc etc. She is a gem. My wife kinda avoids the shop altogether, leaving me a great deal of latitude as to what goes on or in there. For a guy that made a living overhauling and repairing aircraft gas turbine engines, where organization and neatness are vital to a good outcome, you'd never suspect it looking in my shop. As such, I'd settle for a disco ball, couple strippers and a bottle of Tequila, some days. I'm sure there will be a Southern Indiana ride or two this year. I'll keep you advised.

Pete, yep. I feel very fortunate to have the Mighty Scura resting in my shop. Chuck understandably concerned with it's future care and use. I've never thought of myself as much more than a Gypsy Mechanic going where the work is. Now it seems I'm less Gypsy and more Care Giver. Strange trajectories our lives take. Houston to LA is really a good run if you can string together the interesting bits and skip over the long flat parts. I did that trip a couple years ago on the GRiSO. Fun times.

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

Stable Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stable Mate   Stable Mate Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:05 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
That Scura is an astonishing motorbike. I've never ridden another V11 that comes close. My ride across the deserts from Houston to LA on it was one of those 'Rides for the ages'. If I'd been able to bring it back here it would never of been sold.

Congratulations, you're going to love it.

Lucky new owner of the Mighty Scura...saw the note over on V11 as well.

Last edited by PJPR01 on Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Stable Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stable Mate   Stable Mate Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:02 pm

That SCURA is a legendary gem. Congratulations on being the new caretaker. Evokes thoughts of Hunter S. Thompson's Song of the Sausage Creature...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

Stable Mate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stable Mate   Stable Mate Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Stable Mate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum