GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Mostly pointless Oil Temp question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

Mostly pointless Oil Temp question Empty
PostSubject: Mostly pointless Oil Temp question   Mostly pointless Oil Temp question Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:48 am

Back in the day we used the supplied fabric covers for factory  oil coolers for cold /cool days ( but that was straight weight oil )

Current other bike ( 15w-50) has a manual valve to take the aftermarket cooler out of the loop.

Does the whopping M-G rad require shuttering between 45-60 F ?

Mind you, I`m not in the habit of caning any engine ( esp. air cooled) until fully warmed up.

Just "wool gathering" Rolling Eyes

Thank you

As long as I`m chattering; Are any of these fly screens ( Dart etc.) of any value or they largely cosmetic ?

Yes I am 100% new to M-G scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Mostly pointless Oil Temp question   Mostly pointless Oil Temp question Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:53 am

On the 1100's the oil cooler is thermostatically controlled. Not so on the 1200-8V.

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Mostly pointless Oil Temp question   Mostly pointless Oil Temp question Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 21, 2022 3:28 pm

I am 5'9" the Dart Marlin takes some windblast off my chest and smooths the air around my head so i find 6 hour days no problem cruising up to 5,000 rpm

It does not do much above that unless i lie down (on a GRiSO!) so holding 30min at 5,500 rpm is a lot of neck muscle work

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

PostSubject: Re: Mostly pointless Oil Temp question   Mostly pointless Oil Temp question Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:55 am

Thank you both ^
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Mostly pointless Oil Temp question   Mostly pointless Oil Temp question Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:48 pm

Dig your Spirit Animal.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Clancy and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mostly pointless Oil Temp question   Mostly pointless Oil Temp question Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Mostly pointless Oil Temp question
Page 1 of 1