GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Zealand members. Please read.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New Zealand members. Please read. Empty
PostSubject: New Zealand members. Please read.   New Zealand members. Please read. Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:40 pm

OK people, a few weeks ago I got contacted by a shop in NZ, NV motorcycles in Morrinsville. They had a GRiSO in for rollerisation but somehow had ended up with a 'B' kit when they needed an 'A' kit. No worries, we did a swap as I had an 'A' kit in stock and sent it over.

Anyway we are installing the 'B' kit in a Stelvio at the moment and when Michael pulled the cambox out of the box he found that it had the two locating dowels that go betwixt head and cambox stuck in the cambox! This of course begs the question of what the f*ck is locating the camboxes on the motor that we sent the 'A' kit over for as the dowels are NOT part of the kits.

If they aren't installed there are two issues. Firstly without them there is no way to align them correctly. Secondly they play an important role in ensuring there is adequate oil supply to the cam bearings, cam lobes and tappets. On the 8V the lubricant for the top end comes up the studs on which the dowels fit and their fitment ensures that there is sufficient area for the oil to flow through. They will also help prevent leakage at the interface between cambox casting and head casting. Put simply, if they aren't in there the top end may start to squeak! It shouldn't squeak!

Now I'm going to phone NV tomorrow and give them the heads-up but if any of our NZ owners know the owner of a recently rollerised 2011 GRiSO that was done here or indeed if you are the owner of this bike I strongly suggest that you DO NOT ride it until it can be confirmed that the dowels are in place.

It may of course be that they haven't got around to doing the job yet or they simply fitted some more dowels, (I keep them in stock but I'm a bit *Special* that way! Rolling Eyes ) but it is important that it is found out that they are in fact in place.

Oz1200Guzzi and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New Zealand members. Please read. Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Zealand members. Please read.   New Zealand members. Please read. Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2022 4:12 pm

Contacted the shop. They'd realised the error and had sourced new ones before reassembly. Crisis averted.

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, lcjohnny and Leone like this post

Back to top Go down

New Zealand members. Please read.
Page 1 of 1