GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Led Headlights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Led Headlights Empty
PostSubject: Led Headlights   Led Headlights Icon_minitime1Fri May 06, 2022 1:58 pm

They changed the laws in the UK, in 2020 you couldn't fit led bulb conversions.
I suppose due to the prolific amount of led usage and drls they changed their minds.
Now as long as the angle is ok they are not allowed to fail them.

I read that these bulb conversions don't fit the GRiSO nacelle.
Bought me one of these and a couple of those push fit side light leds on lcjohnny's recommendation. He posted it somewhere.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They may not fit your GRiSO headlight nacelle but they certainly fit mine.
Removed the 3 right angled females from the H4 connection, then fitted them direct to the led headlight bulb replacement.
A quick 45 degree bend and the non fittment issue was corrected.

Fits perfect and can adjust headlight angle.
Took me 10 mins, piece of pish and only cost £25 all in  Cool  
Non of this swap this, swap that, adjust this, drill this, drill that, spend £100's of quids (almost a grand for some) for some fancy DRL (all made in china) with a shitty plastic lens scratches first time you clean off the bugs.
Oh yea and condensates, least it matches ya dash! Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, paulbrice and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

Led Headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Headlights   Led Headlights Icon_minitime1Sat May 07, 2022 4:47 am

sounds like the install was painless...

how does it perform? brighter now?

Back to top Go down
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Led Headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Headlights   Led Headlights Icon_minitime1Sat May 07, 2022 11:51 am

Lazlokovacs wrote:
sounds like the install was painless...

how does it perform? brighter now?

Strong white saturation instead of pale lack lustre yellow, more daylight brightness, slightly larger spread, significantly less power consumption, a lot less heat and a longer life.

I know the alternator puts out plenty of omph 14.2 -14.8 volts but still am not a fan of DRL's.
Basically headlights/tail lights running every time you ride.
If I could switch them off using the existing handlebar switches I would.
Am old school too remember using the side light at dusk and switch on the headlights when the streetlights come on.
All the electrics on my bike are working overtime because of DRL's.
Drivers that are looking will see your DRL's or no DRL's, drivers that are fiddling with their phones, chatting all the time, dealing with kids and pets.
Well them DRL's make no difference, even dayglo police cars get collided with.
Filter filter filter and ride like everyone wants to kill you and you'll be just fine.

Oh yea and bikes fires up at around 10.2volts since fitted it Very Happy

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Shopteacher
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Shopteacher

Led Headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Headlights   Led Headlights Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:40 pm

So, Looking to upgrade the headlight in my 2015 GRiSO. Has anyone tried these LEDnano bulbs?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
kiwi dave
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
kiwi dave

Led Headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Headlights   Led Headlights Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:10 pm

Changing Bulbs is futile, and will never achieve the desired light output.  The reflector is designed for a certain sized light source, and you will probably just make the situation worse.

I fitted a OSRAM 7" Round Black Led Headlight on my GRiSO, no bucket, following the advice of Beetle on this forum.

5500 lumens for high beam, 3600 lumens for low beam. The difference is night & day (pun intended).  The low beam is on continuously, the high beam punches a bright light for a considerable distance. Current demand is much reduced, thus little voltage drop from the battery to the headlight.

Manufacturers Part Number: DP-JH-5, DoT approved.

Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN): B01L6YA2XS
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Led Headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Headlights   Led Headlights Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2023 1:41 pm

On my 07, I had to replace my headlight since the glass got cracked somehow...
Replacement was rather expensive and for that king of money, I'd rather go the beetle route.
For a quick short term solution, I bought a bullet old school type complete assembly for $75.
Diameter is 6, not 7. It's not very noticeable since I have an aftermarket head fairing but what surprised me was that the lighting was greatly improved!
To the point where it's very acceptable for now. I guess it's due to the different reflector size...
I'm still gonna go full LED on the 8V but I'm picky about the look so I'm taking my time finding a design that won't make the bike look like a frog. lol

I concur with kiwi dave... Changing the bulb didn't work for me.
I bought the so praised "Daymaker" led bulb but that turned out to be a pure waste and the HI beam stop working after a couple of months. lol
Garbage...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Led Headlights Empty
PostSubject: Re: Led Headlights   Led Headlights Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Led Headlights
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: