GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odessa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Odessa

gas tank venting and the fitting "size"? Empty
PostSubject: gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?   gas tank venting and the fitting "size"? Icon_minitime1Sun May 22, 2022 1:55 pm

hello out there in GRiSO land.
i have pulled off the gas tank to paint it and found that previous owner must have had the tank off at some point in it's prior life. i was surprised to find that there were no vent lines and no vent fitting on the under belly just the female screw socket where they should have been screwed into? apparently the overfill and gas tank venting were just being open to the world right there on top of the engine? good thing never over filled gas tank. operationally it must make no difference if there are vent lines or not?
with all the said i wish to add vent line(s) and route to some place more appropriate, as you can imagine there are no spare parts currently available and 6 to 8 weeks wait time.

does anyone know of the size fitting that threads into the brass female that is imbedded in under-side on gas tank?
i was thinking of tiring to find a brass fitting with a nipple on the other end and just attaching some gas line gas for the routing.

thanks in advance for the help..
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?   gas tank venting and the fitting "size"? Icon_minitime1Sun May 22, 2022 5:54 pm

Does your bike still have the charcoal canister fitted? If so the tank vent should be connected to it. If it isn't I'd expect it to run a bit oddly at idle.

Not sure of the thread size on the nipples? I'd guess 8x1.25 but I can't be sure. Why not just buy a couple? It's not like they are big money. About $12 AU each which at current exchange rates should bake them about $8 US. Part # is GU30103730
Back to top Go down
Odessa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Odessa

PostSubject: Re: gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?   gas tank venting and the fitting "size"? Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2022 4:03 am

no cannister, yes it does idle oddly, but not troubling. will source the vent fittings, just thought someone may know size just for reference.
thank you..
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?   gas tank venting and the fitting "size"? Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2022 4:41 am

I found that the screw brass fittings can be bought from a radio control model shop, think they were for fuel tanks - trouble is can't remember size Neutral
Back to top Go down
Odessa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Odessa

PostSubject: Re: gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?   gas tank venting and the fitting "size"? Icon_minitime1Mon May 23, 2022 11:23 am

as a follow up - found that they are 7mm - used bleeder screws and cut off the small pin hole end of threaded section - works great - $6.48 for the set..
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?   gas tank venting and the fitting "size"? Icon_minitime1Tue May 24, 2022 4:15 am

Try and make the water drain hole [bleed screw] as big as you can as it blocks too easily, the petrol side isn't an issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?   gas tank venting and the fitting "size"? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

gas tank venting and the fitting "size"?
Page 1 of 1