GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My new GRiSO <3

Go down 
+7
rick pope
SMTCapeCod
Street
ratso88
BetaSteve
Chris W
cheforionlane@gmail.com
11 posters
AuthorMessage
cheforionlane@gmail.com
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
cheforionlane@gmail.com

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:20 pm

Hello this is my 2016 GRiSO: 1400 miles

bikes_r_me likes this post

Back to top Go down
cheforionlane@gmail.com
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
cheforionlane@gmail.com

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 19, 2022 7:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oz1200Guzzi, Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, Clancy, Pawel Spoon and bikes_r_me like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:16 am

WELCOME!
You're in the right place
Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:26 am

How about a few more pics and where did you find such a nice one?

cheforionlane@gmail.com likes this post

Back to top Go down
cheforionlane@gmail.com
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
cheforionlane@gmail.com

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:21 am

lcjohnny and cheforionlane@gmail.com like this post

Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 3:38 pm

Shiny !

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:05 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Chef.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:38 pm

Wow, nice acquisition!!
Back to top Go down
cheforionlane@gmail.com
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
cheforionlane@gmail.com

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:56 pm

Thanks! Definitely want a Zard exhaust, and beetle map because it’s tuned like a dirt bike as far as it’s stock settings (in my opinion.) Also thicker grips (they are kinda skinny for my hands)

Spent 3 months researching this bike with many phases of other decisions, Found one in Florida but the assholes upped the price at shop. Gave up on finding one then stumbled across one in Las Vegas, for 2k cheaper. All I want now is the moto guzzi Eldorado and I’ll be completely satisfied Smile sometimes you have to let go for things to come to you. I’m glad I had the patience!

PS any advice on safe non stock tires that are grippy for the Colorado roads?

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:57 am

In my experience, the Colorado roads are of a texture that grips just about any tire you may use. In fact, I'll be riding some of Colorado's roads for the rest of the week. At the moment, we're in Riverside, WY, just north of Walden, CO.

I'm running Continental ContiMotions. While it took a good bit of lead to balance them, I'm happy with the ride and handling. I don't pretend to be a racer, and so don't need tires that wear out quickly.
Back to top Go down
cheforionlane@gmail.com
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
cheforionlane@gmail.com

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:05 am

rick pope wrote:
In my experience, the Colorado roads are of a texture that grips just about any tire you may use.  In fact, I'll be riding some of Colorado's roads for the rest of the week.  At the moment, we're in Riverside, WY, just north of Walden, CO.

I'm running Continental ContiMotions.  While it took a good bit of lead to balance them, I'm happy with the ride and handling.  I don't pretend to be a racer, and so don't need tires that wear out quickly.

I’m down in Grand Junction if your in the area give a shout!

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:22 am

I don't think there is a tire that the GRiSO won't chew up and spit out in short fashion! Twisted Evil

Bill Hagan, kubbie and cheforionlane@gmail.com like this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:43 am

Nice to see another Red/Black join here...

Tires...I'm a big fan of Pilot Road 4's...have been running them on the Norge/Scura for years now and about to swap a set onto my GRiSO as well as the stock Metzelers are just about done. PR4's (GT), PR5 and PR6 are now available.  Great tire in wet/dry, sticky for any sort of canyon carving you may want to do, and you've got plenty nearby for sure!

Progrips may be something you want to look at for the Grips to replace the stockers.

Depending on inseam, you may or may not need some lowered foot pegs (Knight design work well), and possibly some Onur Risers to bring the handlebars up and back a bit.

Welcome and Enjoy...she's a beauty!

Bill Hagan, Pawel Spoon and cheforionlane@gmail.com like this post

Back to top Go down
SMTCapeCod
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
SMTCapeCod

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Thanks! Definitely want a Zard exhaust, and beetle map because it’s tuned like a dirt bike as far as it’s stock settings (in my opinion.)

I have Zard on my V7III that I like (except for the name). But I suggest looking up the thread(s) here that describe issues with Zard failures. Perhaps something they resolved, perhaps not, but worth a read!

Back to top Go down
cheforionlane@gmail.com
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
cheforionlane@gmail.com

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:41 pm

Thanks! Smtcapecod

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:44 am

rick pope wrote:
In my experience, the Colorado roads are of a texture that grips just about any tire you may use.  In fact, I'll be riding some of Colorado's roads for the rest of the week.  At the moment, we're in Riverside, WY, just north of Walden, CO.

I'm running Continental ContiMotions.  While it took a good bit of lead to balance them, I'm happy with the ride and handling.  I don't pretend to be a racer, and so don't need tires that wear out quickly.

PJPR01 wrote:
Nice to see another Red/Black join here...

Tires...I'm a big fan of Pilot Road 4's...have been running them on the Norge/Scura for years now and about to swap a set onto my GRiSO as well as the stock Metzelers are just about done.  PR4's (GT), PR5 and PR6 are now available.   Great tire in wet/dry, sticky for any sort of canyon carving you may want to do, and you've got plenty nearby for sure!  

Progrips may be something you want to look at for the Grips to replace the stockers.

Depending on inseam, you may or may not need some lowered foot pegs (Knight design work well), and possibly some Onur Risers to bring the handlebars up and back a bit.

Welcome and Enjoy...she's a beauty!

Ah ... tire drift.

I try very hard not to be a diehard Ford, Chevy, etc., kind of guy WRT moto-tires.  That said, for the past several years, I have run Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT's almost exclusively on my GRiSO and Norge.  I did just replace the Pilot Power I swapped mid-trip in a Mutton Run to Kentucky.  What a stupendous tire: I think one could hang from the ceiling for a bit, much less typical road challenges!  Near astonishing performance for a street tire.  Comma but.  Didn't last long, as in sub 3K.

Sig. Pope's comment about wheel weights is interesting.  I just mounted the latest MPR4 GT vice the Power.  Am having a frustratiing time balancing it, as it seems to want more lead than a gun shop. scratch

Bill

PJPR01 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Patlikestolean
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Patlikestolean

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:09 am

I found grips to be to small also. Took Beetle's advice and got some Grip Puppies.
Love 'em!
linky

Back to top Go down
kubbie
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kubbie

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:17 am

Chris W wrote:
I don't think there is a tire that the GRiSO won't chew up and spit out in short fashion! Twisted Evil

Just put a set of Road 5's on my GRiSO in April. One 4 day weekend trip to North Georgia (roughly 2200 miles) and a couple longer "in state" rides and both tires are closing in on the wear bars REAL quick. Think I messed up with the math, I keep track of mileage for oil/tires/maintenance on a chalkboard on my garage door. It says I've put 10,000 miles on them. I CALL BS! Probably closer to 5k. I haven't even paid of the credit card I bought them with!!!

And to add to my pain, the gang is heading back up to the mountains in September. These tires aren't gonna make it to September, let alone survive the mountains.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new GRiSO <3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new GRiSO <3   My new GRiSO <3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My new GRiSO <3
Page 1 of 1