GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Vancouver Island

Go down 
+3
Bill Hagan
beetle
BMR
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

Hello from Vancouver Island Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 4:34 pm

Hi, everyone:
I am a long time rider, long time admirer of Guzzis, from the stunning 850 Le Mans in my very early youth, to relatively recently when I started to cross paths with GRiSOs...They seemed to pop up in the strangest places, as if the universe was telling me something. Long story short, after several attempts in the past few months to buy a GRiSO (without much research, I might add...such is the appeal), that I finally sat down, perused some 'Tube videos and forums and decided on pursuing a 12008v in Silver. However, a deal, halfway across the continent came up on a 2016 red one with 11000km/7000mi (Ontario, I am on Vancouver Island), and I pounced (with a kick from my wife). I have not actually seen the bike...I know... Then Karma stepped in a second time and a relatively new acquaintance (and subscriber to my channel) kindly told me he was trailering his custom cafe Beemer R9T to a meet in the eastern US via his cabin in Ontario 2 hours south of the GRiSO. Not only that, he has room on the trailer to bring the Guzzi back...SO a $500 deposit later, a chat and some emails with videos with the current owner, and I am waiting for my friend's final appraisal, which, judging by the video that the current owner shot, should... go smoothly. There are few GRiSOs for sale out west in my neck of the woods - despite a dealer not too far away, and most of them are - strangely - far more expensive out here than back east. Montreal seems to have a lot of GRiSOs (perhaps the European influence) with quite a few for sale in Ontario. I currently have 3 bikes and have ridden most types both on and off road for 40 years. I miss air cooled twins. I have never owned a shafty, and the last of the really fruity Moto Guzzis before the liquid cooled V100 appears appeals to me. I have a hard decision to make (of my own doing: sell one of my bikes to make room...it's very challenging as I love em all - and the Husaberg is not going, so its the old friend and daily rider, super reliable and torquey 2014VSTROM 1000 or the relatively new and very sexy Z900RS. They are very different, but out of the two, given the Vee twin, long legged nature, torquey nature of the GRiSO, I'll probably sell the Strom, although that may change tomorrow :-) First world problems, no sympathy expected. Looking forward to a new experience on the GRiSO. Cheers. BMR.

Bill Hagan and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:03 pm

Keep the Strom for those loooong rides.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:36 pm

Your present stable sounds mighty fine.

I must have missed why you have to sell one.  To make room for the GRiSO?

About the only thing I'll say for your consideration is that of the many motorcycles I have ridden any distance over the years -- I haven't owned that many; but I am a shameless borrower  Wink  -- I can think of only a few that never, not even for a second, bored me.  The GRiSO is first among those smile makers.  It has scared me feceless any number of times, but dull it's not.  Ever.  

I have also taken it on numerous multi-day trips and find it a fine tourer.  Besides, while it can seem cramped compare to, e.g., your Strom, I find its induced near-fetal riding position quite appropriate for those moments of terror when I do something stupid.   Shocked

I will end with this, based upon your comment that "I pounced (with a kick from my wife)."  Sell all of those motorcycles if you must, but don't let go of a wife like yours!  queen  cheers

Bill

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:26 pm

beetle wrote:

Keep the Strom for those loooong rides.

Yes, that's the appeal, but the Z900RS is such a smooth, light feeling sticky thing. Looks good just on its side stand. I'll have fun deciding though. Cheers.

Back to top Go down
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 9:31 pm

Hi Bill: just my own rationale: 3 bikes I can ride enough, more than that, and I tend to sit there staring and going through some sort of deductive process to choose the bike of the day! :-) But essentially, yes, to make room for the GRiSO. Yes, my wife is a gem and is always supportive about bike acquisition - her taste is better than mine. BTW was in Solva over Christmas - I go back and see my parents every year or so in England, and we usually go and stay in the west country or Wales. Loved it - great roads. Cheers.

Bill Hagan wrote:

Your present stable sounds mighty fine.

I must have missed why you have to sell one.  To make room for the GRiSO?

About the only thing I'll say for your consideration is that of the many motorcycles I have ridden any distance over the years -- I haven't owned that many; but I am a shameless borrower  Wink  -- I can think of only a few that never, not even for a second, bored me.  The GRiSO is first among those smile makers.  It has scared me feceless any number of times, but dull it's not.  Ever.  

I have also taken it on numerous multi-day trips and find it a fine tourer.  Besides, while it can seem cramped compare to, e.g., your Strom, I find its induced near-fetal riding position quite appropriate for those moments of terror when I do something stupid.   Shocked

I will end with this, based upon your comment that "I pounced (with a kick from my wife)."  Sell all of those motorcycles if you must, but don't let go of a wife like yours!  queen  cheers

Bill

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:33 pm

BMR wrote:

Yes, that's the appeal, but the Z900RS is such a smooth, light feeling sticky thing.  Looks good just on its side stand.  I'll have fun deciding though.  Cheers.

I doubt the Z900RS has the hutzpah of the GRiSO. After you ride a GRiSO, the visceral feel of a GRiSO will probably make you think the Z is a bit "meh".

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan and freewaystreak like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:19 pm

It could certainly be the case, although, Kawasaki have done a great job with the bike and after a reflash, it has the most amazing mid range and top end smooth punch. But like you say, all will be sorted after a ride on the GRiSO. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:01 pm

BMR, if you ever cross the border on the Black Ball line it’d be great to meet you! I’ll let you know next time we cross to your side, love the Island.

BMR likes this post

Back to top Go down
BMR
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
BMR

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:55 pm

Sounds good Steve. Cheers.
Back to top Go down
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:11 pm

BMR wrote:
It could certainly be the case, although, Kawasaki have done a great job with the bike and after a reflash, it has the most amazing mid range and top end smooth punch.  But like you say, all will be sorted after a ride on the GRiSO.  Cheers.

Remember.......... It can take some time to be one with these creatures. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ciao
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:06 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, BMR!

Pete (Street)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:32 am

Congrats with the bike, and welcome to the Ghetto! Please show us a picture when you have time.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Vancouver Island   Hello from Vancouver Island Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Vancouver Island
Page 1 of 1