GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty

Go down 
+2
Clancy
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Empty
PostSubject: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:50 pm

Deleting this post as my bike has no related map issues its just plain old fucked up.

Last edited by Buellbloke on Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:50 am; edited 2 times in total

Brian675 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:09 pm

Buellbloke wrote:

Beetles maps arent all they are cracked up to be

Sorry mate, but I completely disagree with you.
My GRiSO runs beautifully with a Beetle map (Mistral high pipe) and his map for my V7-II HUGELY improved the way the engine ran.

Buellbloke wrote:
Balancing at 3500 - 4000 rpm with bouncing slides in your manometer is not an easy process  

I'm no mechanic, but after years in automation & controls I'm fairly adept at mechanical tasks.
Balancing the throttle bodies on the GRiSO was the first time I'd ever done this task, and with a Carbtune Pro I found it to be a piece of piss.
The slides weren't bouncing around overly much - certainly not too much to make a stable adjustment.
Maybe there's something else going on with your bike.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:17 pm

Virtually everybody finds Mark's maps transformative. Some of the most highly commended Guzzi workshops in the world use them, good grief, Mistral use them! Do you not think that might indicate something?

No matter. You can't please all the people all of the time although your suggestion that playing with the CO trim with the stock map made no difference does indicate that you don't understand what you are doing and therefore one has to question whether you have performed all the necessary tuning steps correctly.

It matters not. Although in the email accompanying the map delivery you were asked, if you had problems, to contact the author. Did you do that? And what is the provenance of the Termi map? Did you buy that as well?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:49 pm

I had the Beetle map installed when I took my GRiSO to Cadre for a service. I was/am thrliled with the transformation. Much better idle, stronger on bottom end, slight improvement in mileage.

And before you ask why I took it to the dealer for service, let me explain that I am totally ignorant to the ways of hooking up a diagnostic tool with a computer. I will learn, eventually. I don't shy away from old school things, but this is my first fuel injected bike. I'll tear into the 6 carbs of a CBX and never flinch. But until I have some instruction on these, I'll just pay someone.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:20 pm

If I were you, I would try a Power Commander with an Autotune Module.

I have one for sale at a quite a discount if you are interested.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:58 am

Deleting this post as my bike has no related map issues its just plain old fucked up.

Last edited by Buellbloke on Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:48 am; edited 3 times in total

Brian675 likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:29 am

Right. This has to stop. It states clearly in the email that your received with the download link that you should contact me via email, NOT this forum. I have sent you a full refund.

Thank you for your custom.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:46 am

Last edited by Buellbloke on Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Brian675 likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:01 am

Buellbloke wrote:

What email? All I got was a receipt from paypal, it did have your email address but then it has too.
Thanx for the refund Cool
How come such an enormouse difference between the Mistral map and the Termignoni.
Any links to software I can edit the map with?

The same email with the download link. Or did the map get into your ECU via osmosis?

Let me see..the Termi has an OEM cat. The Mistral has one of their hi-flow cats. Not even close to being the same.

You can't even tune your GRiSO properly. You actually think I'm going to help you fuck it up even further?

This is the last time I respond to you. Off you fuck!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty
Page 1 of 1