GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty

Go down 
+2
Clancy
Buellbloke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Empty
PostSubject: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:50 pm

Believe map was originally designed for the non cat version, was claimed it was certainly better than what I had.

My original map started about 1800rpm and steadily dropped to 1250rpm, low speed surging was very minor.
Performance was good if you rode it hard, certainly keep with a 1100 GRiSO though fuel consumption was bad, 32mpg around town and 34 -36mpg on a decent run.

Beetles Mistral Reverse Cone map for me starts high about 2k and slowly drops to 1250rpm, speed surging is prevailent thoughout the rev range.
Even at a contant 75mph.
Tried up to plus 4 and minus 4 on the Co trims but made no difference.
Fuel comsumption rose to 42mpg on a run of very heavy handed riding.
Had me thinking was plugs or leads or a short.
Tried the bike both with and without the stepper motor plugged.
Goes like stink otherwise, leaves mates 1100 easy.
Waste of £80 should make him very happy.

Gave up and and tried my original map, once engine was hot the tickover rose to 1500rpm with the clutch pulled rose to 3k  Shocked
No surging or as previously stated smooth as a baby arse compared to the Mistral map.
Co trims made no difference.
With the stepper motor plugged the 3k clutch pull vanished but the tickover refused to drop below 1500rpm.

My final straw was to try the Beetle Rollerised Termignoni map that I first tried but never rode as thought it was fluffy at tickover.
Starts about 1500rpm quickly drops to 1300rpm and settles to 1250rpm.
Its pretty smooth though still has some low speed surging 25 to 35mph, goes like stink and the clutch pull has no effect whatsoever.
Its got some over run fluffing going on but can live with that after dealing with a bucking bronco with the Mistral map.

The whole process seems pretty hit and miss, with guzzidiag there's not a lot of options to play with.
Maybe if you have a proper map for your exact brand of silencer then its possible you will get good results.
Balancing at 3500 - 4000 rpm with bouncing slides in your manometer is not an easy process as your pressing on the very thing (bell crank screw) that is controlling that process.

For me it has been a very frustrating experience, though have to say the termignoni map is like a breath of fuel injected fresh air Laughing
I can only hope it settles down futher.

Balancing may be a pain but the diifference is very noticable.
If your current map gives good economy and the bike is quick dont fuck with it.
Beetles maps arent all they are cracked up to be, or maybe its because he wants nothing to do with me that the maps I buy are fucking useless, no low/high speed surging ....Really!!
Does he do refunds do I have paypal buyer protection Question
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:09 pm

Buellbloke wrote:

Beetles maps arent all they are cracked up to be

Sorry mate, but I completely disagree with you.
My GRiSO runs beautifully with a Beetle map (Mistral high pipe) and his map for my V7-II HUGELY improved the way the engine ran.

Buellbloke wrote:
Balancing at 3500 - 4000 rpm with bouncing slides in your manometer is not an easy process  

I'm no mechanic, but after years in automation & controls I'm fairly adept at mechanical tasks.
Balancing the throttle bodies on the GRiSO was the first time I'd ever done this task, and with a Carbtune Pro I found it to be a piece of piss.
The slides weren't bouncing around overly much - certainly not too much to make a stable adjustment.
Maybe there's something else going on with your bike.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:17 pm

Virtually everybody finds Mark's maps transformative. Some of the most highly commended Guzzi workshops in the world use them, good grief, Mistral use them! Do you not think that might indicate something?

No matter. You can't please all the people all of the time although your suggestion that playing with the CO trim with the stock map made no difference does indicate that you don't understand what you are doing and therefore one has to question whether you have performed all the necessary tuning steps correctly.

It matters not. Although in the email accompanying the map delivery you were asked, if you had problems, to contact the author. Did you do that? And what is the provenance of the Termi map? Did you buy that as well?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:49 pm

I had the Beetle map installed when I took my GRiSO to Cadre for a service. I was/am thrliled with the transformation. Much better idle, stronger on bottom end, slight improvement in mileage.

And before you ask why I took it to the dealer for service, let me explain that I am totally ignorant to the ways of hooking up a diagnostic tool with a computer. I will learn, eventually. I don't shy away from old school things, but this is my first fuel injected bike. I'll tear into the 6 carbs of a CBX and never flinch. But until I have some instruction on these, I'll just pay someone.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:20 pm

If I were you, I would try a Power Commander with an Autotune Module.

I have one for sale at a quite a discount if you are interested.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:58 am

Clancy wrote:
Buellbloke wrote:

Beetles maps arent all they are cracked up to be

Sorry mate, but I completely disagree with you.
My GRiSO runs beautifully with a Beetle map (Mistral high pipe) and his map for my V7-II HUGELY improved the way the engine ran.

Buellbloke wrote:
Balancing at 3500 - 4000 rpm with bouncing slides in your manometer is not an easy process  

I'm no mechanic, but after years in automation & controls I'm fairly adept at mechanical tasks.
Balancing the throttle bodies on the GRiSO was the first time I'd ever done this task, and with a Carbtune Pro I found it to be a piece of piss.
The slides weren't bouncing around overly much - certainly not too much to make a stable adjustment.
Maybe there's something else going on with your bike.

I did say with a map specifically made for your silencer you would probably get better results.
As for the Carbtune Pro Manometer, both myself and a mate have owned and maintained our own bikes for over 30 years.
We did not find balancing my GRiSO an easy process.
We both have some experience with carb balancing manomters of old on inline 4 carb bikes.
I have used software on maps on buells as well as the lovely to use V&H Hines Fuel pack so not total numties.
Maybe there is something else going on with my lovely 13k always garaged even when soaking wet GRiSO, that was left standing for years.
My experience of the bike so far is unless have at least a modicum of common sense, half decent mechanical and good practical skills then the bikes can potentially cost you thousands.

Pete Roper wrote:
Virtually everybody finds Mark's maps transformative. Some of the most highly commended Guzzi workshops in the world use them, good grief, Mistral use them! Do you not think that might indicate something?

No matter. You can't please all the people all of the time although your suggestion that playing with the CO trim with the stock map made no difference does indicate that you don't understand what you are doing and therefore one has to question whether you have performed all the necessary tuning steps correctly.

It matters not. Although in the email accompanying the map delivery you were asked, if you had problems, to contact the author. Did you do that? And what is the provenance of the Termi map? Did you buy that as well?

Quite true what do the Co trims do? From beetles partial explanation they are some form of enrichener/weakener circuit, his exact words were you can go in either direction though going low below a certain level -10 would indicate a mechanical or some other problem like the incorrect map for your bike. He also mentioned it could control the tickover.

I completely admit am not astute whereby balancing and manipulating Guzzidiag is concerned, though am also capable as much as the next man that you have tried to convince is a piss easy process.
If I am struggling then those with less abilities have no chance.
As for software and controlling its application have built personal computers and upgraded laptops since the Pentium 100. 486's/586's and DOS have never been my thing.
You know damn well am capable from all the posts have created concerning the various trials and tribulations have dealt with concerning my GRiSO.
I balanced the bike, it took several attempts to get it really good and its significantly smoother than it was.
I was very surprised the difference each map inflicted on the bike considering these are just to sort out a silencers effect on fueling.
1100's dont have stepper motors so I even plugged and unplugged that part to test the differences.

Virtually but not everybody. Do you not think that those with woes would not voice some concerns to me.
As for contacting the Author am blocked on this website from messaging him, because to all apparent beetle can dish out the damage but the man is so up his own arse that he cannot take it.
Hence he has uncle Pete Roper to defend him, like he is now, where is the man?
Have even written on this website apologies for offending his sensibilities which have have no effect, and done my utmost to engauge him, thats ok because you reap what you sow.
I have been a very active promoter of beetles maps and still am, with a matched silencer I should imagine on a good GRiSO they are a dream.

Whats a good GRiSO? because applying some of those maps can turn an enjoyable machine into a nighmare, a dog of a motor you just want to get shot of  Evil or Very Mad  Twisted Evil
I have had no support and bought a map not originally designed for a cat 5 silencer, these are just my opinions and actual experience.

rick pope wrote:
I had the Beetle map installed when I took my GRiSO to Cadre for a service.  I was/am thrliled with the transformation.  Much better idle, stronger on bottom end, slight improvement in mileage.

And before you ask why I took it to the dealer for service, let me explain that I am totally ignorant to the ways of hooking up a diagnostic tool with a computer.  I will learn, eventually.  I don't shy away from old school things, but this is my first fuel injected bike.  I'll tear into the 6 carbs of a CBX and never flinch.  But until I have some instruction on these, I'll just pay someone.

What a cop out!
If you can use a mobile phone, a laptop or a desktop PC then there should be nothing stopping you except the size of your gonads Laughing
Beetle provides links to the relevant software and hardware.
Connecting the hardware to a modern, last 7 -10 years laptop is simple plug and play, aint non of that searching for com port shit.
The software itself prompts you as well as beetle provides a readme to assist, couldnt be more simpler.
Leave it any longer and your already aged shrinking brain will be beyond much of anything.
Paying a stealer to do the work means what you have to say has no bearing whatsoever.
You didnt do this so your opinions are worthess Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Buellbloke on Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:29 am

Right. This has to stop. It states clearly in the email that your received with the download link that you should contact me via email, NOT this forum. I have sent you a full refund.

Thank you for your custom.

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:46 am

beetle wrote:

Right. This has to stop. It states clearly in the email that your received with the download link that you should contact me via email, NOT this forum. I have sent you a full refund.

Thank you for your custom.

What email? All I got was a receipt from paypal, it did have your email address but then it has too.
Thanx for the refund Cool
How come such an enormouse difference between the Mistral map and the Termignoni.
Any links to software I can edit the map with?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:01 am

Buellbloke wrote:

What email? All I got was a receipt from paypal, it did have your email address but then it has too.
Thanx for the refund Cool
How come such an enormouse difference between the Mistral map and the Termignoni.
Any links to software I can edit the map with?

The same email with the download link. Or did the map get into your ECU via osmosis?

Let me see..the Termi has an OEM cat. The Mistral has one of their hi-flow cats. Not even close to being the same.

You can't even tune your GRiSO properly. You actually think I'm going to help you fuck it up even further?

This is the last time I respond to you. Off you fuck!

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Buellbloke
Nibbio
Nibbio
Buellbloke

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty   Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:31 am

Fuck it up being the difinitive words, no worries, will prob phone Mistral get their actual take on your map for this pipe, spoke to them direct in the past.
I owned a Termignoni and the cat on both bikes are identical regardless of Mistrals claims about high flowing.
Enjoy this parting gift

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Beetle Map for Mistral Shorty
Page 1 of 1