GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.

Go down 
+2
BetaSteve
Pete Roper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Empty
PostSubject: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:56 pm

Right, there's more than one way to skin a cat.

I have this perfectly serviceable, barely damaged 2012 GRiSO that has been 'Written off' by some idiot insurance assessor. Now this makes it pretty much impossible to re-register in Oz. But what about NZ?

Do any of youse Kiwi blokes know what the ins and outs of importing and registering a bike in NZ are? If I can get it over there I can keep it for a few years and ride it on holidays before on-selling it.

Dave? Anyone?

Pete
Back to top Go down
BetaSteve
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BetaSteve

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:11 pm

Send it to Seattle Pete then you’ll have a reason to return when you’re having winter!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:27 am

Last time I left a GRiSO in Seattle it didn't end well. Poor GRiSO Pinko! Taken out by a ZX1300 while parked, then stolen, twice, after it was bought back from the insurance company!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The trip that preceded its demise was awesome though!

And while this pic might not seem GRiSO related it is actually the site where Steak cut an elk in two with his 1100 GRiSO! We stopped on the way back from the rally and found some bits of plastic and dashboard still in the grass behind the Armco!

Steak and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:45 pm

The Chattanooga Choo Choo...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:45 pm

Hi Pete.
Not sure about the rego etc. in NZ I assume you need the paperwork re ownership etc and it gets subjected to a reVIN inspection (about $700 Ive heard) to make it road legal here. The only issue may be ABS. A recent law change re mandatory fitment may apply.
Try these guys for advice. I know in the past they have bought wrecks from overseas and rebuilt/registered them. Good guys to deal with
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Happy to stash it here if you need covered space. I live on the Coromandel loop so good roads abound.
Adios
Andy in NZ
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:52 pm

Thanks Andy. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
mikebr
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mikebr

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:40 pm

What Andy said any motorcycle imported into NZ from November 1 2021 has to have ABS fitted as standard.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:42 pm

What? Even if it wasn't fitted when new? That's silly!
Back to top Go down
mikebr
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
mikebr

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:49 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:07 pm

Yup, but that's covering new vehicles I believe. The documentation I'm reading states that my 2012 model will simply have to meet €4 standards and ABS won't be mandatory. Thanks anyway. I think I'm going to start communications with a vehicle certifier next week. We'll see what he says.

To be honest if I was going to fit ABS I'd probably do it to the GRiSO Tourismo. Mark was pondering this a while back. It would probably be an interesting project. The ECU has the ability to handle it. The rest is really just plumbing......
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:14 pm

It occurs to me that I could easily do it now I have all that room due to the 1TB.

Hmm...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:35 pm

I've got a pump or two around if you'd like to have a play? Does it matter if it's a Conti or a Bosch?
Back to top Go down
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:57 pm

Wow. That all escalated quickly. Good old hot rod mentality and positivity coming to the fore.
Good luck lads.
Adios
Andy in NZ
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:19 pm

Conti. I think it will be easiest to implement.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:56 pm

I'll have a look.I know I've got the one off the Cali 1400 but I think that's a Bosch.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:37 am

Yeah, it will be a Bosch unit. It'll work. Needs a different speedo correction value and a bit more fucking about.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.   OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

OK. So here's an idea. NZ advice needed.
Page 1 of 1