GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Terrible news from Washington.

Go down 
+52
BowraBoy
FreshEgg
Gootzibird13
rboe
wyno
eighteight
Buellbloke
Converted Duc
bjor
Pawel Spoon
pjm
SMTCapeCod
BruPo
Svartipants
GuzziSteve
BigTime
janguzzi
Jaydubb
moto
Bill Dee
Bill Hagan
Nicollini
kindoy2
moby
Leone
Oz1200Guzzi
odder
Grisonut
Clancy
sideshowbob
Lazlokovacs
Richard
GNORTS
rick pope
WCB
bioman
PJPR01
ratso88
OldMojo
JohnA
Chris W
Nobleswood
LBC Tenni
MrBob
Papa Lazarou
marcdavo
lcjohnny
beetle
Speedfrog
Street
Mario
Pete Roper
56 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Terrible news from Washington. Empty
PostSubject: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:14 pm

Just a heads up to everyone on the board.

I just received a message from Street in Seattle asking me to call. Realising it must be important I did and received the horrible news that Steve Daley, 'Steak', the owner of GRiSO Ghetto was killed in a boating accident either yesterday or today.

I have no more details than that but as soon as I'm informed I'll pass them on. Pete, 'Street', will no doubt have his hands full dealing with things locally in Seattle so I'm more than happy to be the touchstone as far as anybody wanting information is concerned but at the moment none of us really knows anything more than that the tragedy has occurred.

What this means for the future of the Ghetto I have no idea but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

As soon as I know anything else I'll let people know.
Back to top Go down
Mario
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mario

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:09 pm

Hey, Pete. I grieve with you all. Steak daddy was my great friend, and I will miss him forever.

A few new (probably unimportant) details from Donnie, his best friend:

He was with high school chums on the M(ac?) Kenzie River, in Oregon, in a rubber raft, fishing for trout. They hit some rapids. The raft likely flipped. Evidence suggests a pulmonary or cardiac event rather than drowning, not that such details matter so much as his loss.

What a lovely man and great friend. So any miles, so many stories. I will surely miss him.

WCB likes this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:13 pm

Needless to say, I am just devastated to lose such a great, kind, fun and generous friend and I know that many of you will be touched by his loss.

I love you, Brother.

Pete (Street)

Terrible news from Washington. Mean_e10

Terrible news from Washington. Crew_010

Terrible news from Washington. 09b_re10

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Terrible news from Washington. Signat16

WWW.REIQUAM.COM      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2022 10:23 pm

Mario wrote:
Hey, Pete. I grieve with you all. Steak daddy was my great friend, and I will miss him forever.

A few new (probably unimportant) details from Donnie, his best friend:

He was with high school chums on the M(ac?) Kenzie River, in Oregon, in a rubber raft, fishing for trout. They hit some rapids. The raft likely flipped. Evidence suggests a pulmonary or cardiac event rather than drowning, not that such details matter so much as his loss.

What a lovely man and great friend. So any miles, so many stories. I will surely miss him.

Thanks Greg. I thought it might not be drowning. Wondered if he'd bonked his head or something but heart attack is of course likely for any of us as we get older.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:22 pm

Tragic news indeed Crying or Very sad  
RIP ‘Steak’

Last edited by Speedfrog on Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:27 pm

Oh no. This is terrible news. Words cannot.. I feel like I’ve lost a friend.

This is a tragic loss to the Guzzi community.

RIP, Steve.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Terrible news from Washington. 85965210
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:28 am

Tragic news indeed.

Back to top Go down
marcdavo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
marcdavo

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:34 am

Sad  RIP
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:48 am

that is dreadful news. hope his friends and family are okay.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:52 am

The ghetto has certainly lost a friend and this loss will be felt across the world.

RIP 'Steak'
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 2:12 am

Utterly heartbreaking. What a terrible loss. I hope someone has seen to his dog.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:33 am

RIP Steve.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:35 am

that is terrible and shocking news! pale
I only knew him from the Ghetto and feel as though I lost a friend
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:50 am

Shocking. Need address to send condolences sometime.
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:55 am

Sad news indeed. I too only knew him from this board, and as "Porterhouse" on WG. He always struck me as someone of substance. I would have welcomed the opportunity to have met him someday.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 6:57 am

Damn IT !

Sad times.

My immediate concern is for his family.
Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 8:29 am

Horrible news...RIP and condolences to his friends and family. So sorry to see this.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:47 am

This is really terrible news. Like others wrote: although I have never met him, it feels like I lost a good friend. Wow... I don't know what to say. So sad. RIP Steak!!
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:57 am

What awful news. Steve was an amazing guy. I don't think there was anyone on earth that didn't love him. I can't wrap my head around this. Deepest condolences to all of the Seattle crowd. I can't imagine how you're dealing with this. Jacquie and I are thinking of you all. Our hearts are breaking.

RIP Steve......

Terrible news from Washington. IMG_0082-XL

Terrible news from Washington. IMG_0740-L

Terrible news from Washington. IMG_0741-L

Terrible news from Washington. IMG_0720-L
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:14 am

Sadly, I never got the opportunity to meet him. We're hoping to do a north-west trip next year, and I had hoped to make a visit with him part of that adventure.

I hope he's at least able to look down and still ride along with us. RIP Steve.
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:25 am

What tragic news.

I knew Steve well. We were both early GRiSO owners, back in '07 or so. I hadn't seen him in a few years since I moved to Portland with Heather (also now deceased). He gave me a model GRiSO which still resides on my desk. I'm looking at it now.

My condolences to everyone in the Seattle Guzzi and the worldwide GRiSO community. We will all miss Steve and remember him forever.

Mario likes this post

Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:44 am

Pure Steve gold....

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:47 am

Sad news.

Condolences to his family.

RIP Steve
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:20 pm

deepest condolences to all his close ones

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 12, 2022 5:07 pm

A favorite day together:

Terrible news from Washington. Two_gr10

Terrible news from Washington. Steve_12

Terrible news from Washington. Pete_010

Terrible news from Washington. Signat16

WWW.REIQUAM.COM      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Terrible news from Washington.
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next