GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond

Go down 
+5
Chris W
Pawel Spoon
paulbrice
beetle
BruPo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Empty
PostSubject: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:22 pm

Greetings my dear Grisistas,

Here to report on my end of July solo roll from Nashville up to Oshkosh WI and the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Assoc) AirVenture, then on up the coast of Lake Michigan and east over top to south windingly down Michigan's lower peninsula back home. A grand ride in near perfect weather - end of July thru to August 3.
Great Lake Huron - GRiSO & Po  - clickToSeeVid
Had a great time, GRiSO ran strong & flawless once again.
Riding solo upon the great American highways & byways is a Life-Is-Good / Beautiful Thang!
- 2300+ miles in 7 days

Enjoyed a fab hang shrooming and learning Ati Yoga Meditation with my Liverpudlian mate Stephen while thoroughly indulging our aviation fandom

F4U-LoPass-EAA22  - clickToSeeVid - This Corsair's R-2800 radial surely is a long but not lost distant cousin of GRiSO
~ totally at home amongst this EAA crowd

- camped out a few nights here'n there
- revelled at being as one with our faithful steed - what a machine what a machine!

My setup was largely the same as my westward trek last year, with the exception of reinsersh of my Mistral HP dbKiller by the grace of Master Beetle.
As it is I can't really tell any diff in the bike's performance except the obvious diminuendo of the 8V's sonorous if booming baritone.
Where I live in Tennessee I'm surrounded by loud lumpy Harley's, and I came across quite a few of them's riders burping'em up to Sturgis.
I must say I prefer the open Mistral throated sound of our bike, even if it does get half a mile less / gal of gas.
No other bikes proclaim our low-mid V8-like whump
For now I'm seeing how long I can go with the dbK before I swap it again / or not

I opted for fresh pair of P-Angel GT2's, and am wondering how any of us might've compared them to the Road 6's.
~ Thoughts SVP?

Never felt uncomfortable, or got overly tired while riding - keeping daily miles generally below 300
"this Corbin seat makes all the diff" - Caliluna
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here for your perusal and enjoyment - my EAA pix:

This'll be it for now.

My next trip will be east to North Carolina then north amongst the Smoky Mountains perhaps to dally on the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Cheers Mates - Ride Safe and Proud

- BruPo

here's a rough look at the region of my trip - my route largely avoided highways when possible

Last edited by BruPo on Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:05 am; edited 2 times in total

beetle, paulbrice, JohnA, lcjohnny, footgoose, GreyGyr, Svartipants and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.brettcartwright.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:07 pm

Great ride report and pics!

Thanks for sharing.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Bill Hagan and BruPo like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:25 am

Wot beetle said x2...Thanks for the share !

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:30 am

great pics ! esp. the old ones

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:00 am

AIRPLANES + MOTORCYCLES = GOOD TIMES!!

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:17 am

Thanks for sharing. Is that silver/blue plane a Cessna 170B? I have a bit of right seat time in one of those.

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:22 am

rick pope wrote:
Thanks for sharing.  Is that silver/blue plane a Cessna 170B?  I have a bit of right seat time in one of those.

You're right, it certainly is, lovely!
A friends of mine used to pull banners with
his. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:23 am

What a stupendous trip.

I really like aircraft, and especially the vintage birds, but loathe flying.  

Over the years, I have learned how to barf rather elegantly, but it's still puking in a bag that tends to annoy others nearby.  Embarassed Rolling Eyes

Your map seems to show you heading through Owensboro, Ky., on your way north.

I and some other Guzzisti will be there this weekend for our semiannual Mutton Run.  Great fun.  The GRiSO has made the trip several times.  

If interested, see, e.g.,  Mutton Run September 2021 & Mutton Run May 2022

Come join us.   Very Happy

Bill

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:18 am

Hey BruPo, Nice trip & pics. I am a EAA kid, grew up w/it. My late father (passed in 85) Don Kames was EAA#13. No one wanted that #. There is a thing in the museum about him and he has one of his Temco Swifts hanging in Smithsonian at DC. I used to crawl down fuselages to run cables around pulley's when I was little. Only been to Oshkosh once, mostly the National when it was in Rockford, IL.
I used to cut spars for John & Greg when they made Monorai's & Sonorai's in South Elgin, IL before moving to Hales Corner, WI. These guys- [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] My brother now has the #13. Dad liked building Cougars & Tailwinds. Was building a T-18 when he passed, also owned a Navion then. Lot's of good times flying to airshows.

Bill Hagan and BruPo like this post

Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:02 am

Steve, interesting similarity with your dad. The Swift pictured is my first airplane built up from parts. First few years it was polished but eventually gave up on the workload. Also restored a Navion, commuted in a friends W8, flew and considered a Thorp but ultimately went with an RV.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
BruPo
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BruPo

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:31 am

Beautiful kite, Kel!
My dad had a Swift biplane wayyy back when he he did primary instruction for the USAAF in Texas.
I had my Private ticket back in my 20's.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:35 am

Dad loved Swifts & had over 10 through the years. I have a folder that contains the STA for Corbin downdraft cooling. He was doing research on the fiberglass cowling. I need to ride up to TN to the Swift museum in  Athens. Good Memories, my brother & sisters have most of his photos.
I never got a license but used to jump. My brother got his right away, then lost it buy buzzing homecoming football game. Not once but 3 times just above goal posts, throwing paper stuff out the windows. Best I never got a license.

BruPo likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond   BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

BruPo GrisoRoll to Oshkosh EAA ~ and beyond
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: