GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?

Go down 
+13
SemperVee1
kindoy2
PDQ911
Canyon Carver
Clancy
JohnA
voulga77
Papa Lazarou
beetle
Pete Roper
Speedfrog
sideshowbob
Brent S
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Empty
PostSubject: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:00 am

Hi all.

Well, after 8 years I though it time to replace the trusty old Yuasa in my GRiSO. Wandered into the local battery supplier (whom I’ve had good experiences with previously), and in a nutshell, I’m told that the YTX20CH-BS is no longer available. The only other Yuasa that would fit is the YTX16-BS but this has lower 230CCA versus the 270 of the original. I’m reluctant to drop cranking power for obvious reasons.

So, what are the alternatives? Not really interested in lithium. Motobatt seem to be fairly readily available, but not sure of the model # for the GRiSO. Suggestions and info welcome.

Thanks,
Brent.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:06 am

Check out on the web, should be a few still around.
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:16 am

It is still listed on their website.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe give them a call..
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:27 am

Oops, I just realised you're in Australia...
Here you go: Linky
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:35 am

When I dropped in to Century/Yuasa last week to pick one up I was informed of the same thing. It seems though that Yuassa batteries are imported not only by them but also by Yamaha so it might be worth dropping into your local Yamaha bike/boat/jetski emporium and asking them.

I STRONGLY advise against using a 16AH battery from any manufacturer. If you want to start suffering from Startus Interuptus there is no better invitation than using a 16AH battery. Motobatt's seem to be particularly bad in this respect but even the Yuasas don't have enough CCA's to ensure the contacts of relays and solenoids stay clean and the risk of *Non Start* conditions increases exponentially.

I'm currently exploring other options but haven't yet made any decision as to what might be the best alternative.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:41 am

SSB LFP20CH-BS Lithium. 360 CCA.

Your GRiSO will be running before you take your thumb off the button.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Charlie J and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:58 am

Thanks all. Managed to source one from interstate, so all good.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:50 am

Well, at least I thought I had it all sorted. Funny how you can order something that shows as “in stock” only to then get a message that’s it’s on back order……….in other words, out of stock.

Brilliant.

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:12 am

But if's NLA, backorder will be a very long wait....

Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Papa Lazarou

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:55 am

Pete Roper wrote:
When I dropped in to Century/Yuasa last week to pick one up I was informed of the same thing. It seems though that Yuassa batteries are imported not only by them but also by Yamaha so it might be worth dropping into your local Yamaha bike/boat/jetski emporium and asking them.

I STRONGLY advise against using a 16AH battery from any manufacturer. If you want to start suffering from Startus Interuptus there is no better invitation than using a 16AH battery. Motobatt's seem to be particularly bad in this respect but even the Yuasas don't have enough CCA's to ensure the contacts of relays and solenoids stay clean and the risk of *Non Start* conditions increases exponentially.

I'm currently exploring other options but haven't yet made any decision as to what might be the best alternative.

I fitted a Motobatt-always liked them. But the only one that would fit was the 16. The GRiSO killed it within 2 years. Trust what Pete says-fit a 20 (not the Motobatt). I managed to get a Yuasa fairly easily and at 30% discount.

Last edited by Papa Lazarou on Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 12:49 pm

Buy a chinese noname version. Will pay like 50-60 euros and will last 3 years.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:20 pm

I have a mbtx16 motobatt and have used it for years but it would be better to have more CCA like everyone says. Months ago I ordered a motobatt 20 for more CCA but in haste found out when it showed up it was too big so now it’s in my John Deere… I was thinking about getting the Yuasa until I read this thread
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:47 am

Brent S wrote:
Well, at least I thought I had it all sorted. Funny how you can order something that shows as “in stock” only to then get a message that’s it’s on back order……….in other words, out of stock.

Brilliant.

I'm sure that my battery is the original to the bike (2012 model) and it's been playing up lately.
I was hoping to get through to the start of warmer weather and get another summer out of it, but this thread pushed me to finally press the buy button yesterday.

Looks like I bought from the same inept mob.
Showing as in stock but got a message that it's on back order.
And they offered to send a cheaper Yuasa brand substitute without providing any specifications of it ffs.
What a joke.

If your looking on ebay in Oz don't believe the listing.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:25 am

Craig, I have one if you need one.
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:41 am

Clancy wrote:
Brent S wrote:

Brilliant.

I'm sure that my battery is the original to the bike (2012 model) and it's been playing up lately.
I was hoping to get through to the start of warmer weather and get another summer out of it, but this thread pushed me to finally press the buy button yesterday.

Looks like I bought from the same inept mob.
Showing as in stock but got a message that it's on back order.
And they offered to send a cheaper Yuasa brand substitute without providing any specifications of it ffs.
What a joke.

If your looking on ebay in Oz don't believe the listing.

Yep. Undoubtedly the same mob. I enquired about the “replacement” battery they offered, and it’s the YTX16 version. Lower CCA. I declined their offer and obtained a refund.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:59 am

Why do these idiots advertise they have stuff when they don't? Cretinous!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 5:55 am

Craig, I have a perfectly good SSB Lithium rated at 360 CCA if you want it.
It will cost you a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:19 am

That's the way I'd go.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:12 pm

Brent S wrote:
Hi all.

Well, after 8 years I though it time to replace the trusty old Yuasa in my GRiSO. Wandered into the local battery supplier (whom I’ve had good experiences with previously), and in a nutshell, I’m told that the YTX20CH-BS is no longer available. The only other Yuasa that would fit is the YTX16-BS but this has lower 230CCA versus the 270 of the original. I’m reluctant to drop cranking power for obvious reasons.

So, what are the alternatives? Not really interested in lithium. Motobatt seem to be fairly readily available, but not sure of the model # for the GRiSO. Suggestions and info welcome.

Thanks,
Brent.

I switched to Anti Gravity AG-AT-12BS-16R lighter and smaller, so stuck some foam under it so it wouldn't bounce up.
also Sorry to hear about Steak. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:46 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Craig, I have one if you need one.

beetle wrote:

Craig, I have a perfectly good SSB Lithium rated at 360 CCA if you want it.
It will cost you a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

Very Happy

Thank for both offers!
I very much appreciate them.

Mark, I'll take you up on that offer - thank you.
I'll message you later today to work out the exchange details Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
PDQ911
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
PDQ911

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:07 am

beetle wrote:

I have just put one of these in, and it works perfectly, as you said.  Thanks for the advice here and over on FB.

Bryan

beetle likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:37 am

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:39 pm

beetle wrote:

Same..Works great!

Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:30 pm

AMAZON or if in the states I recently purchased mine from ChromeBattery.com.. AND comes with a 100% fabulous 18 month warranty.. Can't beat that.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:15 pm

Brent S wrote:

Brilliant.

Oh man, that shit pisses me off! Was going to buy a new OEM steering wheel for my 2001 F150 and was confident about the purchase since the dealer website mentioned "Two in stock" so I pulled the trigger.
LOL, two days later I get an email saying that my order was cancelled due not to back ordered but discontinued. Ain't that cute?
Assholes!! Take it off your website then... like right the F*** now! lol
Took them almost a month to do so.
I hate dealers...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?   Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Yuasa YTX20CH-BS discontinued - alternatives?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next