12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Laker
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:00 pm

Hello and howdy folks,

The GRiSO lust has been simmering for a few months now and I'm finally in a position to take the plunge Cool

Took one for a spin over the weekend, posted on another forum that I was close to getting one and next thing I know there's a message from another member saying he would sell me his.  Here's all the dirty details:

2012 Black/Silver, 3500 miles, Agostini can, Rexxer flash, Rizoma mirrors, carbon goodies, little wind screen, small luggage rack with bag, tank bag with bra, brand new Moto Guzzi panniers that haven't been installed yet and other goodies I don't know about yet. Apparently it went down at low speed once so has a scuff on a valve cover and I may or may not address that.  Not sure if I'll be getting it this week or next but will certainly post up some pics when I do.

Hoping to find a way to rig a removable back rest for the wife (without installing a top box) so I can get rid of the bike I normally cart her around on.

Many thanks to Dungeon Master for his consistently outward maniacal obsession for his GRiSO (which got me to take a close look at the bike) and for turning me on to the forum.  Looking forward to chatting and learning from you folks and hope there are at least a few inappropriate perverts.  Here's the only pic I have.  I stole it from one of the previous owner's posts.

Tim in Austin, TX

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:23 pm

Welcome. If there is someone near you with Guzzidiag reader we'd be very interested in looking at what the Rexxer flash looks like. It'd be interesting to see if the map has been looked at holistically or if its simply chasing top end.

How come the PO sold it? I remember the bike, I thought he was pretty keen on it?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:29 pm

Well AF1 is my favorite local dealership and they're the ones that flashed it so I reckon I can get the info. Also I hate to jinx myself as the sale hasn't gone through yet but I have a good feeling about it.  PO said it just hurt his shoulder too much to ride it so it's been sitting the past six months.  

I can't tell you how excited I am.  Can't wait to get this thing rumbling down the road
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:53 am

Maniacal?
I am surprised I haven't been thrown off apriliaforum. Smile

Welcome to the home of the True Believers. Smile
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:16 am

welcome ..they are special motorcycles ,,,, next year i plan a bit of a tour with my GRiSO, instead of day rides some of which have been 500 km ..
Keener
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:52 pm

Nice, I'll look forward to some ride reports and pictures
Back to top Go down
Dulcenea
Montanarolo
Montanarolo

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:50 pm

Congrats, Tim! Nice meeting you today! Hope you're loving it!
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Thanks much and nice to meet you too! I pick mine up Saturday and I'm chomping at the bit
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:33 pm

I walked right by AF1 a couple of times last weekend. Had a bloody mary saturday morning at Michelada's (I think) before heading out on a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wine tour. Then we went out that night to see Jimmy Vaughn at C-Boys followed by Churchwood and the Mishap Brass Band at the Continental Club before calling it a night sometime Sunday Morning.

Had a good time in Austin and got great local guidance from Larry Hubbard (Ghezzi-Brian Supertwin) on where to go and who to see.

Went to see Jerry Jeff Walker at ACL on Friday, followed by a few pops at the Mean Eyed Cat. Viva Johnny Cash!!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:58 pm

Sounds Great Steak. Living the Good Life.

DM
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all   Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Steak, it appears you did had all the right fun in Austin
Back to top Go down

Glad to be in the ghetto with y'all
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-