GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil light query

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:23 am

I just did an oil change but I forgot (post 60yo) to prime filter before I put it on. So I put 3 1/2 litres in, started engine in the hope that filter would fill (is that logical?)

BUT the oil light stayed on. Oil level is at the full mark on stick. Bike has been sitting for a couple hours but wary about starting it.

What to do??? Bike is 2016 SE

Did I commit a sin not priming filter?

Help please
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:40 am

I think the answer is that it would have been better if you did but what’s done is done. Surely the oil will get there. I’m sure others will offer their opinions too. Of more concern is how much you put in. Our manuals say something like 3.3 liters but that can be too much and will end up in your air box and throttle bodies. If it were me, I’d drain some out. The level needs to be between the two marks on your stick but I’d keep it closer to the bottom one than the top.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:06 pm

Did you check that the old filter gasket came off with the old filter? Leaving it in place will cause problems.

Also can you elaborate. When is the light staying on? After the dash has done it's 'Dance'? Or when the motor is running?
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:20 pm

Yep the old o ring came off, definitely. Dash does it dance and then start engine, light stays on. I raised revs a little for about 10 seconds but still on . Haven’t started since last night. I’ll check level this morning  then I’ll try again after my coffee.

Could it be pressure switch, bit of a coincidence but? Where is switch?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:28 pm

It could easily be the pressure switch. Swap that first, (What year is your bike? It should be a Tridon TPS 039 if an early model with the coarse thread or a TPS 026 if fine thread.) both available at 'Wottalotacrap Auto'. Those numbers are from memory.

If the problem persists after replacement it may be a blown spacer gasket or stripped oil pump gear. The former doesn't usually cause light issues. The latter is very rare, like I've seen it once in fifteen years.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:49 pm

It’s a 2016.

Where is switch?

I must owe you about a slab worth by now. Thanks for all the help you give out freely Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:57 pm

It's in the valley between the cylinders.

Ignore the spacer gasket. Your bike doesn't have the spacer.

Can you check for dashboard errors? If #07 & 08 are illuminated, clear them and try starting the bike again and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:13 pm

Oil is now sitting just above low mark.

Dashboard errors,, do they display on Home Screen or in diagostics?

I went into diagnostics (12425) and cleared errors (didn’t appear to be any) from dashboard and ecu.

Restarted and oil light is still on after 5 to 10 seconds.

Is the next step a new switch?
Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:34 pm

It’s fucking idiot day today.

Dash light that was on is the fucking side stand light isnt it, course it stays on, stand is down. What confused me is that the stand icon sorta looks like a dipstick (maybe it was looking at me)

But …. There is a little spanner icon on bottom right of Home Screen, it blinked couple of times then stays on. Do I clear that somehow?

Yours,
Fuckwit Andrew.

JohnA and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:58 pm

Twit!

To clear the spanner icon you go to diagnostics, enter the code and scroll to 'Reset coupon'. Hold the button down. Then chose 'Yes'. Hold the button down until the screen says 'Reset complete' retreat out of menus

The spanner icon will flash at you on start up 250km before the service interval, (10,000 km from the last time it was re-set.) but then go off. Once you pass the 10,000 service interval it will come on and stay on until it is turned off again.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Andrewpatrol
Carlotto
Carlotto
Andrewpatrol

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:14 pm

Thanks very much Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oil light query Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light query   Oil light query Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oil light query
Page 1 of 1