GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

back to a GRiSO?

Go down 
+5
lcjohnny
OldMojo
eighteight
Pete Roper
paretlane
9 posters
AuthorMessage
paretlane
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
paretlane

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:15 pm

Hi. I owned a 2007 GRiSO 1100 that I sold a few years ago and regret doing so. I have a Guzzi V85tt and a Kawasaki Z900 and thought returning to the GRiSO might slot in nicely, or replace the Z900 since no one really needs 3 bikes. There are a couple available within 400 miles of me in Florida including a 2010 1200 with around 18k miles (in red, which I didn't think they made with the spoked wheels) and a 2014 1200 SE (black) with about 8k miles. Both seem overpriced, at least by NADA standards. The 2014 is going for around $8k and the 2010 asking price is $5500. Any opinions on which might be preferable? Any differences between the 2010 model year and 2014? Thanks for any advice.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:22 pm

The obvious one is that the 2014 is a roller tappet motor. The 2010 will of needed to be converted to rollers. If it has? All well and good, (As long as it was done properly.) if it hasn't? Well kits seem to be in short supply at the moment.

lcjohnny and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:34 am

Craigslist / Columbus OH  ( Long drive from FL )

2016 in red/ spoke wheels / w 450 miles
$10K

Offered by new M-G dealer called Throttle Co.
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:19 am

paretlane wrote:
Hi.. Both seem overpriced, at least by NADA standards.

Don`t know why but NADA and "the going rate" for these bikes seems to have little or no correlation ?

Last Spring on the advice from this site, I paid $4800 for an `07 that booked at $3500

Last week `09 1200 with ZERO miles went for $6800 at local online auction ( I bid $5K )

Figured it needed the roller conversion, new tires and perhaps fuel system cleaning
Back to top Go down
paretlane
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
paretlane

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:24 am

I'm told the original owner was a Guzzi dealer and had it rollerized. I am offered the VIN to check with Piaggo to confirm that the roller kit was ordered and delivered. Of course, they can't tell me if it was installed, or, if so, if it was done correctly. Another alternative popped up: a 2016 with low miles for $8k, though shipping it to me would cost about $700. I'm a little uncomfortable buying that remotely so I'm inclined to stay within about a 5 hour drive.
Back to top Go down
OldMojo
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
OldMojo

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:45 pm

The consensus among those in the know around here is that a VIN check is less than reliable. The roller conversion wasn't a recall or a campaign. Guzzi grudgingly "goodwilled" kits (no labor) on a case by case basis to owners with requisite documentation of problems vouched for by a dealer. Many dealers were and remain ignorant of the issue. Others were skeptical of the severity and ubiquity of the problem.

Gold standard is a photo with the rocker cover removed.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:35 pm

My seller allowed me to remove the wings and rocker covers to look inside
Its 30min job to take them off squint inside and replace need 2 allen keys (I think 4mm and 5mm) and a rag
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2022 3:43 am

Are you looking at the 2014 in Savannah? It’s been sitting at the dealer for at least 6 months and probably way longer. It was a trade in. It looked to be in good shape and stock all around.
Back to top Go down
antmanbee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
antmanbee

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:26 am

2017 GRiSO in Atlanta

At a dealer for 8K with 3K miles.

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:44 am

antmanbee wrote:
2017 GRiSO in Atlanta

At a dealer for 8K with 3K miles.

Looks like a winner to me.
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2022 7:05 am

If I were looking for a GRiSO, I'd be on that like white on rice.

eighteight likes this post

Back to top Go down
paretlane
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
paretlane

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:28 pm

rick pope wrote:

It's on Facebook Marketplace but when you click the dealer link it takes you to EuroCycle in Las Vegas and the bike isn't on their website. Might be an old post that they didn't take down when they sold the bike. The 2014 is in Savannah. They basically offered to waive the $500 dealer prep fee but if it's been there that long you'd think they'd come down more just to move it. In any case, the salesperson I contacted hasn't been too willing to communicate back. It my GRiSO itch gets more intense, I'll just have to drive up there to see it. Thanks to all. I'd forgotten how great this forum is!
Back to top Go down
eighteight
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
eighteight

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:38 am

paretlane wrote:
rick pope wrote:

It's on Facebook Marketplace but when you click the dealer link it takes you to EuroCycle in Las Vegas and the bike isn't on their website. .

I was in contact with EuroCycle last spring.
Their dealer add on fees bordered on the obscene.
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2022 4:10 am

I know the owner of southeast motorcycles a little (Adam). I’d be glad to go there with you to beat him up a little if you like. We could tell him how much maintenance it needs now like the swing arm, new tires cause the others are old…..etc.
Back to top Go down
paretlane
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
paretlane

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:06 pm

Haha. Thanks. I'll let you know when I can make the trip.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:43 pm

You still lookin? My buddies 07 1100 is still for sale. BUT it's not like your stock one. This one flows 1200 CFM through the heads, has a cam, and is right next to 100hp at rear wheel. Black 1 owner and is a perfect one. Old school hot rod that's a rush to ride.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

back to a GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: back to a GRiSO?   back to a GRiSO? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

back to a GRiSO?
Page 1 of 1