GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Forum issues

Go down 
+20
rick pope
Richard
Bill Hagan
kindoy2
kidsmoke
Nobleswood
sideshowbob
GuzziSteve
OldMojo
Florida lime
Pete Roper
Pawel Spoon
Chris W
Kel
Speedfrog
Clancy
lcjohnny
bioman
Street
beetle
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:59 am

While I understand that there's a bit of a hiatus due to the passing of Steve, I would respectfully request that whomever is running this forum needs to address the "recently shared images" problem, and the doubling up of "Gallery" on the forum header menu.

To deactivate the "recently shared images" option, go to;

Administration panel -> modules -> Recently Shared Images Configuration

and uncheck the 'Activate the "Recently shared images" on this forum :" radio button.

Thanks.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Forum issues  85965210
In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Sat Apr 08, 2023 12:24 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:22 pm

Mark,

I forwarded your note to Steve's brother who was looking into what needs to be done to transfer the admin. of the forum. I've talked to him a couple of times about it, but at the moment we don't have a clear resolution, sorry. Will keep trying.

Pete

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Forum issues  Signat16

WWW.REIQUAM.COM      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:11 pm

No worries. I believe this is a new feature added to Forumotion sites and auto activated. I had to disable it on another forum.

Forum issues  85965210
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:36 pm

I would if I could.

Forum issues  Signat16

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:18 am

Just to add re this topic: recently (since a week or so) the website starts to give my (Firefox) browser problems.  I get this screen:

Forum issues  Untitl10

Firefox keeps blocking it and I have to switch to a different browser.

When I then access the Ghetto with Google Chrome, I have yet to see this, but I guess Firefox is more sensitive to potential security risks.

I realise not much can be done until we have a new administrator.

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:07 am

I am running firefox version 108.0.1 with no problems
( use the burger menu to the top right and search for 'version' in settings)
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:40 pm

lcjohnny wrote:

I am on v 108.0.1 as well. Not sure what  the issue is. The above error message does not come on all the time, but perhaps during 90% of attempts to access a Ghetto page. Reloading (with "Try Again" button) sometimes (but rarely) helps.

Like I wrote, not much to be done about this and the other issues, unless Street or Steve's brother can find a way to transfer the management of this forum.

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:31 pm

Guys,

I am sorry that these issues keep cropping up, but I have been unable to get any response to my attempts at communications with Steve's brother. I don't know whether he has hit a snag or decided not to deal with the forum, or whether he is just still too overwhelmed with things since losing his brother. Steve was the sole-proprietor and sole-administrator of the Ghetto and it's my understanding that a verified family member with a certified death certificate is required to transfer ownership. I've reached out to David and offered to help in any way I can, but have had zero response. Like all of you, I very much want the forum to continue and for it to run smoothly for everyone's benefit and enjoyment. I'll keep trying. Don't know what else I can do.

Happy New Year?

Forum issues  Signat16

Bill Hagan, JohnA, lcjohnny and Gootzibird13 like this post

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:50 pm

bioman wrote:
lcjohnny wrote:

I am on v 108.0.1 as well. Not sure what  the issue is. The above error message does not come on all the time, but perhaps during 90% of attempts to access a Ghetto page. Reloading (with "Try Again" button) sometimes (but rarely) helps.

This website access issue started occurring regularly on my Windows 7 machine.
It sees some websites as unsecure.
I moved to Windows 10 and it went away.
Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:04 am

Street wrote:

Like all of you, I very much want the forum to continue and for it to run smoothly for everyone's benefit and enjoyment. I'll keep trying. Don't know what else I can do.

Happy New Year?

Thank you Street!

Happy New Year to you and to all! Like a Star @ heaven Ooh La La
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:06 am

lcjohnny wrote:
I am on Windows 11 OS, in case that is the difference.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:15 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
I am on Windows 11 OS, in case that is the difference.

Me too.  Not sure what the issue is.  Anyway, for now I get around it by using Chrome.

Happy New Year to you too, Street, lcjohnny (& all the others)!!!

Last edited by bioman on Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 31, 2022 2:19 pm

Happy new year

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:18 pm

Today's forum issue: I get this page when I try to open the site:

Forum issues  Untitl11

If I select the first link on the list (https://www.grisoghetto.com) I end up at the good old regular-looking Ghetto homepage.

"pending deletion"...  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

silent
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:43 pm

Yes. As soon as the domain expires, so will the Ghetto.

Sad

Forum issues  85965210
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:50 pm

I don't know if any of you are seeing this or not. I have tried repeatedly to get in touch with Steve's brother who had said a few months ago that he would work on keeping the forum alive, transferring administration, or whatever. But I have not gotten a single response to any of my emails or text messages. Today, I left him a voice mail, still no response. So, I will try to contact the forum host myself and see if there is something else I can do.

It's bad enough to have lost my best friend, but for his creation to be ignored and allowed to expire is a real punch in the gut. I am going to keep trying for the sake of Steve's legacy and for the benefit of all of us who have found such a supportive place to hang out together.

Bear with me guys, if I can set things straight, I will.

Pete (Street)

Forum issues  Signat16

beetle, lcjohnny, Nobleswood, Speedfrog, Florida lime, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:33 pm

Thank you, Pete!!! I really hope that the forum host can help. It would be terrible for all GRiSO owners to lose this treasure.

If it is a financial issue: I am 100% sure we can all chip in and make it work.

lcjohnny, kindoy2, Svartipants and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
Kel
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Kel

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:18 pm

In case this site cannot be saved, does anyone have a suggestion where those interested might leave contact details for future potential reconnecting ?
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:21 pm

Street wrote:

Bear with me guys, if I can set things straight, I will.

Pete (Street)

Thank you Street.

Your efforts are appreciated by all Thumbs Up

kindoy2 and eighteight like this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:43 am

Thank you Pete
for your hard work supporting this community

bioman wrote:

If it is a financial issue: I am 100% sure we can all chip in and make it work.

Yes count me in

What is the best way to keep in touch if there is s gap?

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:34 am

thanks Pete - as others have said, please let us know if money is the issue
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:36 am

contacting the hoster and transferring the forum might be the only way to go then

was steak the only admin of the forum ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:09 pm

As it is I might set up another forum as a safety net. I have zero skills to do such a thing but I'm sure I could do something.

I really don't have the time or experience to run such a thing and anyway, I'm a grumpy bastard so I'd probably ban everyone in a week cheers But, if I do I'll try and post up its address or whatever here before this place dies in the arse and anyone who wants can go over to the new place.

We'll loose a lot of valuable info but it can be rebuilt.

lcjohnny and Speedfrog like this post

Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:52 pm

makes sense, at least it gives us the possibility to sign in somewhere

Back to top Go down
Speedfrog
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Speedfrog

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:02 am

Thanks Pete(Street)!
Maybe we could all collectively reach out to Steve's brother and try to sway him into favoring the transfer of ownership of the Ghetto, it is after all part of Steve's legacy and I'm sure he would have wanted for it to go on in his name.
And if that proves to be an impasse, similarly, we could all collectively vouch for you in supporting the transfer of ownership with the forum host(forumotion)
Let us know what we can do to help, I’m sure we can raise a little army of members ready to step up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Forum issues  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum issues    Forum issues  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Forum issues
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next