GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

changing rear indicators

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

changing rear indicators Empty
PostSubject: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:23 pm

I just got myself a beer after successfully changing the stock rear indicators for running LED ones. The beer was more than well-deserved! Who ever had the idea to hide the cable-routing that way must have had alcohol in large amounts as well! At least there are nearly exclusively 4 mm allen key screws, so the number of tools needed is limited besides a 10 mm wrench and a philips screwdriver. I only found out that it would have been sufficient to open the cable routing after taking the entire rear end off. Well, now I know.

So for anyone with a similar idea: You just have to take the seat off and then remove the black rear cover with those two 11 mm screwheads. Inside the fender you have to unscrew the foremost two philips screws and loosen or remove the 10 mm nut holding the license plate light in place. You then got free access to the indicator cables and plugs. When soldering the new indicators to the Moto Guzzi indicator plugs and cables you always connect black on the indicator side with the darker blue on the cable side, the rest is self-explaining.

Clancy likes this post

Back to top Go down
evev
Carlotto
Carlotto
evev

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:05 am

Hi, see you figured it out alright.
Just check them out in the dark as they may be dimly lit even when bike is off. There was helpful coverage on the issue some time ago by Kiwi_Roy. But in general I can say that fitting resistors fixed all. And Guzzi needed it, unlike Suzuki. Just had to do it all again..🥴
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:12 am

Hi evev and thank you for your hint that I already read of. My running light indicators are 3W each, so I hope to get along without resistors. At least now, with only the rear indicators swapped to LED, there are no dim lights.
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:27 am

Any pictures of swap out? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:43 am

Of the process - no. I could take garage-pictures of the finished swap though.

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
iwantone
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
iwantone

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:05 pm

Yes please.... 😁
Back to top Go down
evev
Carlotto
Carlotto
evev

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
evev
Carlotto
Carlotto
evev

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:10 pm

Mine was third version as the smaller ones wouldn't be seen behind Aus licence plate ( unless you pay 500 for customised ones). Second ones were Flow but you will have to bypass all relays, etc., as they just require power on button and bike's own system just cuts them off midcicle.. so here is third ones.
Back to top Go down
evev
Carlotto
Carlotto
evev

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:16 pm

As for power - they are also 1.5W each and same as you, I only did rear ones, but unlike on Suzuki, Guzzi required resistors. Just a fair warning so you don't have to pull rear end apart for a second time... Not like it will drain the battery, just a bit creepy when they glow at night.. Good luck with your mission
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: changing rear indicators   changing rear indicators Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

changing rear indicators
Page 1 of 1