GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Diagnosis Help Please

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gselvo
Carlotto
Carlotto
gselvo

Diagnosis Help Please Empty
PostSubject: Diagnosis Help Please   Diagnosis Help Please Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:25 pm

Completely stock 2009 2V 1100 -had it for years with zero problems.  13k miles.  Sat for 3 weeks or so here in the garage in Southern Cal and now have a problem -Cannot get beyond 3k rpms when riding when it is in fact running decently - just seems like it runs out of gas at that point.  Mostly runs fine up to that point but erratically will barely idle or won't idle at all sometimes and doesn't run properly.  Have looked at the posts on ruptured fuel pump lines.  I opened my tank and listened - it pressures up in just a couple of seconds per the sound of it.  No continued pump running.  Have left the filler cap open to see if it is vacuum lock - no change.

Checked spark - both plugs firing all the time even after it starts to die at 3k.  Thinking about removing the fuel pump and filter but wanted to ask for help here if anyone has another idea before I do that.  I know that one of the tank bolts into the silent block won't come loose and would have to fight that.

Wondering if there is some kind of sensor(s) that have/has failed that could account for this problem.  Nothing at all has been done in the way of tuning the bike recently that could account for this new problem.  Previously tuned maybe a year or more ago and has run perfectly for several hundred miles if not more, which is the way it has been since I have had it, for several years.

Any insight would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosis Help Please   Diagnosis Help Please Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:25 am

I'd still look at the plug caps.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosis Help Please   Diagnosis Help Please Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:59 am

Or a plug failing under pressure above 3k ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosis Help Please   Diagnosis Help Please Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:04 am

Pull the fuel pump and change the filter and the short hose. Make sure you use SUBMERSIBLE hose.

Also check the pressure relief valve.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosis Help Please   Diagnosis Help Please Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:42 am

sounds like typical fuel filter symptoms - I agree with Pete, change it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diagnosis Help Please   Diagnosis Help Please Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Diagnosis Help Please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: