GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Howdy from Tyler, Texas

Go down 
+2
PJPR01
Jack Subrosa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack Subrosa
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Jack Subrosa

Howdy from Tyler, Texas Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Tyler, Texas    Howdy from Tyler, Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:07 am

Glad this site/forum exists! I'm not new to motorcycling, but I'm new to Guzzis. Mine is a '15. The GRiSO has been on my shortlist for a couple years. I'm more of an off-road cyclist - Husky Norden 901 and BMW G650 XChallenge are the stable at present. The GRiSO is a different beast from most of the bikes that I've owned before. Anyway, glad to be included in this forum. I do have what I think is a common issue with mine - the stripes on the tank are separating. The prior owner had no option other than ethanol gas, so I think my tank may have expanded a bit. It's flushed now, and I have access to premium non-ethanol, but the damage appears to be done. I've tried to clean underneath the separation, then used a heat gun to try to massage the stripes back into place and adherence, but that didn't work very well. AF-1 here in Austin can get replacement stripes, but I was looking for an alternative to repainting the tank. Any ideas? I'm not a purist with regards to originality. If removing the current stripes and applying a 3M type wrap works, I'm game for a solution like that. Also I like the GTM tail tidy, but it appears it is no longer being made. Would love to hear any recommendations for a tail tidy. I think MG did one of the best jobs of any contemporary bike manufacturer with their OEM set-up on the GRiSO, but a GTM like product would be an even better look for me. Ok, thanks for including me and I welcome any feedback.

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
PJPR01
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
PJPR01

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Tyler, Texas    Howdy from Tyler, Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:34 pm

Welcome...and you're right in the heart of where some long time Guzzi riders live.

If you like to do rallies, pencil in 2 rallies in October on your calendar.

GRIT (Guzzi Riders in Texas) first weekend in October...in Lindale, just north of you. (Also a Facebook page with the same name)

Oklahoma Guzzi Rally at Talimena State Park, 2nd weekend in October...nice ride up and over the Talimena Scenic Byway between Talihina and Mena.

Tape peeling on the tank seems to be a common issue...I peeled off two strips and also trying to decide what to replace it with if possible. I do like the Black stripes on the Red Tank...but perhaps a tank wrap might do the trick. Not sure on the tail tidy...others might know more!

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Tyler, Texas    Howdy from Tyler, Texas Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:12 pm

Welcome! I recommend wrap as a solution. I am definitely not a purist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Tyler, Texas    Howdy from Tyler, Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:27 am

Jack,
There are threads someplace here about expanding tanks and tape peeling. I used to live in the Houston area and there was no non-ethanol to be found. My tank expanded and tape peeled. I replaced it but it just got worse in other places. I have a sliver 2014 and the stripes were available back in 2015 and maybe 16. I found a tank from a 2013 of a wrecked bike and lined it with Caswell tank epoxy. That was about 7 years ago and it’s been great since. I did move to the Georgia coast about a year after lining it and mostly used non-ethanol but I just moved to Tucson, AZ and will probably be back on ethanol gas again.
It took my original tank a few months to go back to the original shape.
Hope this helps and welcome to the ghetto, Jack.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Tyler, Texas    Howdy from Tyler, Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:26 pm

Welcome Jack!
we want to see your GRiSO - please post some pics
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Tyler, Texas    Howdy from Tyler, Texas Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:52 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Jack!

Pete (Street

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Tyler, Texas    Howdy from Tyler, Texas Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Tyler, Texas
Page 1 of 1