GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rearsets Busted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
miguel.quezada
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
miguel.quezada

Rearsets Busted Empty
PostSubject: Rearsets Busted   Rearsets Busted Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2023 12:31 pm

Hello GRiSO fam,
Went out to ride my bike the other day. Went to use the rear break and realized it was busted. I stopped to take a look and notices a scrap on my right header as well as mirror, and the rear break set was broken. I assume someone backed into my bike, knocked it over and just stood it back up and left. The rearset itself is okay, but the piece it attaches to is broken. The larger piece that attaches to the bike is what is actually broken. Does anyone have any experience with this issue. Any information would help. Thanks yall and ride safe.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Rearsets Busted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rearsets Busted   Rearsets Busted Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2023 1:46 pm

Condolences to you.

And may the perp have acid reflux for five years straight. Twisted Evil

No idea about other aspects of parts or repair needed, but I can assure you from recent personal experience that rear brakes are expensive. Without walking down to the Moto Grappa to see box and paperwork, I think it was c.$450 plus shipping.   Shocked

I have a new, never-mounted one I bought last year, then decided I didn't need.  Long story; won't tell here unless someone is bored feceless!

I was going to put on the mercato, but your need is likely more immediate.  Email -- not PM -- me if interested.  Substantial discount as it'll do us both a favor.

Will be in Kentucky twice this month, first on V7 III and then on GRiSO, so can probably even do a hand-off somewhere near, thus saving shipping.

Again, sorry for the damage.  I detest such low-lifes.

Bill
wrhagan AT earthlink.net
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rearsets Busted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rearsets Busted   Rearsets Busted Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2023 1:47 pm

Do you mean the pivot point for the rear brake lever has broken off the footrest hanger plate? If so this isn't too uncommon. The plate is held to the frame by four bolts and if you remove the lever from the piece that has snapped off and take it and the rest of the plate to a welder they may well be able to repair it.

Alternatively seen a second hand plate or even a new one if they are still available.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Rearsets Busted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rearsets Busted   Rearsets Busted Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2023 1:56 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Do you mean the pivot point for the rear brake lever has broken off the footrest hanger plate? If so this isn't too uncommon. The plate is held to the frame by four bolts and if you remove the lever from the piece that has snapped off and take it and the rest of the plate to a welder they may well be able to repair it.

Alternatively seen a second hand plate or even a new one if they are still available.

Sure hope, Pete, for the OP's sake that is the issue. Hadn't thought about that. I wasn't trying to dump that "extra" brake I have; it'll find a home sometime. cheers

Bill

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rearsets Busted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rearsets Busted   Rearsets Busted Icon_minitime1Mon May 08, 2023 2:35 pm

You won't have any problems moving it Bill. Few people seem to understand the importance of greasing the pins that the caliper slides on in the rear brake assembly so there are a lot of seized rear calipers out there....

Bill Hagan and fruk like this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

Rearsets Busted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rearsets Busted   Rearsets Busted Icon_minitime1Tue May 09, 2023 3:41 am

I feel for you Miguel - that's a shit thing for someone to do!

beetle, Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Rearsets Busted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rearsets Busted   Rearsets Busted Icon_minitime1Tue May 09, 2023 2:09 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Miguel, I hope you get your issue sorted soon. If you can post a picture, it might be easier for folks to help you out.

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

Rearsets Busted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rearsets Busted   Rearsets Busted Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rearsets Busted
Page 1 of 1