GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?

Go down 
+3
GuzziSteve
Deepdive
Lazlokovacs
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Empty
PostSubject: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1Fri May 19, 2023 2:30 pm

Here's a rant.

Parking at night, need to chain the front wheel up to something. It's really dark, I need two hands to get the chain through the spoked wheel and lock it etc. Unfortunately, I can't turn my headlight on because some EU d---head decided that motorcyclists are not intelligent enough to turn their own lights on and off at the appropriate times.

So I do it in the dark, time after time, swearing like a sailor. It does get old.

Or visiting my girlfriend who lives in an apartment block. As I ride down the back of the building I have more than enough momentum to cut the engine and coast to my parking spot, I do this on other bikes, kind of considerate to the neighbours at 2 in the morning. Of course, if I do it on the GRiSO, no more headlight! annoying........

progress isn't all progress.

Rant over.
Back to top Go down
Deepdive
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Deepdive

PostSubject: Re: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1Fri May 19, 2023 2:37 pm

i use the roadlock
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1Fri May 19, 2023 2:43 pm

You can wire in a switch hotwire to a LED park lite in headlight bucket. That would be enough to see front wheel. Can't remember if there is one in your bucket.
Back to top Go down
Pawel Spoon
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Pawel Spoon

PostSubject: Re: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1Sat May 27, 2023 11:50 am

On an ktm it shines as soon as you turn on ignition. I hate that.
and battery isnt too big neither. A great combination.

i doubt that its due to some regulation, as it s exactly the opposite way on the ktm as on the guzzi.
some italian designer thought its convenient
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1Sat May 27, 2023 1:50 pm

Pawel Spoon wrote:

i doubt that its due to some regulation, as it s exactly the opposite way on the ktm as on the guzzi.

The headlight goes on when I turn on my ignition on my GRiSO (in Canada)...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1Sat May 27, 2023 5:36 pm

The "park" light comes on when the key switch is on. The low beam comes on when the engine starts.

Is your park light not working?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1Sun May 28, 2023 5:00 pm

If it's just for locking the bike up when parked, turning the key fully anti clockwise past the 'lock' position will turn on the park light.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1Tue May 30, 2023 1:23 pm

yeah park light comes on, but only once the handlebars are hard left so not great illumination for the task at hand. I could modify it obviously but...

She makes up for it in plenty of other ways though.

If I could swap out that stupid reversed LH switchgear for something with an off/p/on headlight switch and the indicators and horn the right way round I would do it in a heartbeat. But you need that little button to work the dash, so I've never quite found the answer. Maybe some aprillia model??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?   grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

grrrrrrrrr why can't I have my headlight on when the engine isnt running?
Page 1 of 1