GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia

Go down 
+6
Steak
Pete Roper
plantboy
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
ozoceanview
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ozoceanview
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ozoceanview

New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Empty
PostSubject: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:12 am

Hey Grisonians

I have had my 850 for 2 years now and just discovered this forum. Great to find it. Yes, I know an 850 is the "little one" but I prefer it, no oil cooler distracting the view of THAT ENGINE, and there are not many, so it stands out. I did a lot of riding in my 20s on GSX 750s but frankly I am too old to be hunched over something and too sensible to be trying to scrape my elbows in corners, so less power is no handicap.  Love the GRiSO. Around these parts we have great mountain roads that go for hours at 80-100 kmh, 15 minutes from home on the beach. Nothing better. And where ever you stop someone or many will wander over to look at it, ask about it and admire it. This ain't no run of the mill IItalian Ducati. this is something special. The older riders recognize it, the younger riders don't even know who makes it. I've had a few problems, but all solved and all part of buying something with a soul and not out of a biscuit factory.
I am sure I will have some more problems, and this forum will save me. And I may even have have some answers, though surely not many.

2008 MG GRiSO 850. Black
Carbon Exhaust, Starter cover and Exhaust connector cover. High conductivity cables, Pirelli Angels, Silver Exhaust wrap  EOM

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

before Wrap
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:03 am

850, eh?

This is the place.

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:28 pm

It does look different with the silver engine block.
Needs more carbon ............................... like wheels. Smile
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:31 pm

Put a 2V 1200 in in and no-one would know - go like stink though, especially after one of Beetle's maps - just putting it out there...

Still very nice though.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:36 pm

Welcome..... unique plate too.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:41 pm

I don't think it needs the 1200. What the 850 needs is the 940 from the Bellagio. The difference between the 850 and the 940 is astonishing. I'm not dissing the 850, they are a sweet little thing but they use only a single plug per head and, from memory, use the 1100 crank with a narrow bore but I'll have to check that. They go nicely enough but just lack that barking mad, brain in a bucket, revviness the 940 has.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:32 pm

Welcome to the ghetto, we need more of the 850s, as the 1100s and 1200s are almost commonplace these days.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:27 pm

I commend you for being an oddball in a group of oddballs. Smile
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, where all GRiSOs are loved.

Thanks for sharing the pics.
I like the silver engine and drive train, it has a certain traditional appeal.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:55 pm

Hello and welcome. Never even knew about the original 850! Keep it as is and be a proper gent! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
ozoceanview
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ozoceanview

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:48 am

Thanks guys for the great welcome. I love the simplicity of the 850, the lack of oil cooler is nice. clean lines, don't need the power (lots of GSXs in my 20's) and like the wide bars and low seat. Cant see me putting another engine in it but thanks for the suggestions! as for carbon wheels, well no. But wire wheels is the next thing on the list. Perfect for the mountain roads around here. Google [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Still getting tappet (cam) cover leaks but i know the gaskets are crap so just keep replacing them and keep the bolts torqued up.

Loving the GRiSO family. my bike gets stares and lookers everywhere i park, and on Sunday I saw about four MGs riding around separately. I suspect it was a secret club that don't want to be seen together.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:47 pm

There's a guy in Tasmania selling a Stelvio/GRiSO spoked rear wheel on that auction site in case your interested....

CLICKY

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:12 pm

It's also on Gumtree, been there a couple of weeks, at $400.
Which is now the opening bid price on the bay.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Evandale is 200ks from me.
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:23 am

Welcome
great bike.
Had me thinking something was missing.
The oil cooler.
Back to top Go down
ozoceanview
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
ozoceanview

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:50 pm

I was too late on the spoke wheel, but will keep an eye out now. Of more immediate problem is the recurring tappet cover oil leak. Is there a magic solution ? a non-OEM brand of gasket? What are the correct torque settings?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:52 am

Get the gaskets (green ones) for the 1100 - they fit and don't leak.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:47 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Get the gaskets (green ones) for the 1100 - they fit and don't leak.

Hmmmm.
I have a spare set of gaskets on hand. I don't think they are the green ones. Gotta check.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia   New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Member... Sunshine Coast Australia
Page 1 of 1