GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Clutch lever assembly

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

Clutch lever assembly  Empty
PostSubject: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:25 pm

I'm puzzled by the parts list for the 1200 8v on Fowler's.

I can see the lever, and the pivot pin. But what I can't see is the conical pushrod that goes through a rubber dust seal, and actuates the piston, and also has a semi circular cross section tab that activates the microswitch.

What's that part called? And why isn't it on Fowler's?

Last edited by Trogladyte on Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:43 pm

Searching online I found myself asking about the same part on another site a few years ago! I don't remember that! Seems I found one. I now need another.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:16 pm

IIRC, it's not available. I also vaguely recall that there's an Aprilia one, or maybe AF1 in the US made one.

Apologies for the vague response.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
GR1064
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GR1064

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:19 pm

The pushrod and the barrel/microswitch pusher are not supplied separately by Moto Guzzi.

I’ve found a couple of options for you on ebay.

Link 1 – new from USA

Link 2 – used Breva (same as GRiSO) levers, parts can be salvaged.

Brian

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:27 pm

Thanks guys. These things are a nightmare to obtain. But I'm on the case thanks to those tips.
If Guzzi don't do them separately, does the lever assembly come with one? What about after market levers? Would they have it?
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2023 10:41 pm

Do you think this is the same one?

Last edited by Trogladyte on Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GR1064
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GR1064

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:11 pm

If it’s a genuine MG lever (Part No. AP8118659 or 8118659) it should have the pushrod and barrel/microswitch pusher.

If you search ebay for part AP8118659 or 8118659, there are new non-genuine levers, that do not to have the parts you need - so beware.

I bought a set of aftermarket levers from PAZZO and they did not have those parts and I had to use the original ones, so I think aftermarket levers generally don’t have them.

Brian
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:58 am

Or you may want to fit a better clutch 'pump' and avoid the problems with that little barrel and screw?

The PS12 clutch 'pump' fitted to the GRiSO is not one of Brembo's finest!
e.g. the rubber boot over the fluid is not a bellows so it cannot expand and/or contract as the fluid moves so it slowly sucks in moisture and breathes out brake fluid. That is wny it fouls the clutch fluid with water, corrodes the reservoir lid and the paint peels off.

Last edited by lcjohnny on Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trogladyte
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Trogladyte

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:01 pm

Any recommendations on a better replacement pump that'll fit? Would a different one require different levers? I guess you'd have to do brake too? Mine is suffering exactly as you describe.

In other news I bought a pair of used after market levers for 20 of your Earth Pounds which has the little cylinder and conical pushrod doofer. I might even try the levers.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:59 pm

Paul Bruce used a pair of radial Brembo pumps. He has written it up here.

Try to for the same diameter pistons as in the originals to keep the leverage the same.
Back to top Go down
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:20 pm

Soon after getting my GRiSO I replaced both clutch and brake levers with ASV Shorty Levers.
The ASV Clutch Lever came with the required bits.
Although not Snapping Red Suspenders Guzzi Cheap they are a quality product that has held up for the last 5+ years.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch lever assembly    Clutch lever assembly  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Clutch lever assembly
Page 1 of 1