GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

ECU Doomed?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoked On Spokes
Carlotto
Carlotto
Stoked On Spokes

ECU Doomed?  Empty
PostSubject: ECU Doomed?    ECU Doomed?  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:42 pm

My 2007 GRiSO 1100 was collecting dust in the garage. Haven't ridden it this year. I know, shame on me. Anyhow, decided to give it a nice wash. Used a power sprayer but took care not to blast it near the dash. Tried to start it, and my battery was too low to get anything up on the dash. Hooked up battery charger. Today, went to start it and the dash was blinking colors and fading in and out. Once stabilized, the ECU unplugged icon was present. Also, a relay was clicking really fast. After some ignition twists, the battery crapped out.

So, pretty sure my battery is done. It's like around 9 volts. But I'm concerned about the ECU. Did I smoke the ECU with the doucheing. Any chance the ECU will dry out and work? I know better than give a shower to the GRiSO but never had an issue...until now.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Stoked On Spokes
Carlotto
Carlotto
Stoked On Spokes

ECU Doomed?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Doomed?    ECU Doomed?  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:43 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

ECU Doomed?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Doomed?    ECU Doomed?  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:11 pm

If the battery volts drop below 9V, the ECU goes to sleep.

Did you pull the ECU and check for water ingress? Same for dash connector.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Stoked On Spokes
Carlotto
Carlotto
Stoked On Spokes

ECU Doomed?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Doomed?    ECU Doomed?  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:17 pm

Not yet. Didn't even know where it's located. I'm guessing it's located behind the front fork.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

ECU Doomed?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Doomed?    ECU Doomed?  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:26 pm

My guess is that it's simply the fact your battery is so utterly wasted nothing is working. There was another thread just a couple of days ago started by someone with exactly the same problem.

The clicking isn't a relay I don't believe, it's the stepper motor trying to cycle but the battery is so feeble that even the current draw required to get it to work causes the voltage to drop to basically nothing so it stops, then stops, then starts, hence the ticking noise.

Get a new battery, preferably a 20AH one, put it into service the way the instructions tell you to and I'll bet it will behave as good as new. What's more likely to be in issue is the shitty stale fuel in the tank! I'd drain that off and put in some fresh with a dash of 'jecter cleaner before starting it and remember it will need to purge the rail before it will run properly.

Oh, and the ecu lives behind that plastic panel underneath the steering head between the frame tubes. It's pretty well protected from water, even with a pressure washer.
Back to top Go down
Stoked On Spokes
Carlotto
Carlotto
Stoked On Spokes

ECU Doomed?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Doomed?    ECU Doomed?  Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:28 pm

Cool. I'll get a new battery sorted. The relay I had in my hand was clicking like crazy. Once I popped it out, no more clickity clacky...
Back to top Go down
Stoked On Spokes
Carlotto
Carlotto
Stoked On Spokes

ECU Doomed?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Doomed?    ECU Doomed?  Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:57 pm

Pulled off the charger and the GRiSO spun right up. Sounded great and no dash lights, icons, or errors. Going to get a new battery. Thanks for everyone's help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ECU Doomed?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: ECU Doomed?    ECU Doomed?  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

ECU Doomed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: