GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Keys. More info.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Keys. More info. Empty
PostSubject: Keys. More info.   Keys. More info. Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:50 pm

With keys for all of the CARC bikes that use the engraved 'Blade' type keys I have been unable to find an aftermarket key with a T5 chip that allows itself to be be programmed by the dashboard.

While this is annoying as long as you had two working *Factory* keys you were golden and could simply get one of the Silka 'Clone' keys programmed by a locksmith and this would allow you to ride the bike and, as long as you know the User Code, start the bike in extremis. It does mean though that you were dependent on a locksmith to clone the key.

Anyway, with the small tank Stelvio I bought came no 'Factory' keys but two aftermarket keys from a manufacturer I'd not heard of before. They both worked to start the bike but I assumed that they were both clones and as such I wouldn't be able to change the user code as the dashboard recognises clones as the *Same* key, not two separate ones. Not knowing the bikes User Code I was expecting no joy with recovering the code so imagine my surprise when I tried the 'Code Recovery' function and it worked! I was able to clear the code and re-set it to the default of five zeroes so the dash now reminds me on start up to not forget to insert a code!

So obviously these keys have a non clone chip so they can be paired to the dash on bike! Brilliant! Yes, you'll still need one working factory key and a known User Code to enable them to be paired to the dash but it's a better option than simply cloning.

The only problem is I haven't been able to find a vendor of these blanks! My usual locksmith was spectacularly unhelpful! Laughing

Anyway, pictures below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The identifier is ZA-14P I believe and they have a T5 chip.
Back to top Go down
Deepdive
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Deepdive

Keys. More info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys. More info.   Keys. More info. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:41 am

I found ZA-14P.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Keys. More info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys. More info.   Keys. More info. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:55 am

Yup, I found several US sources but I can't recommend any of them as I still don't know if the whole wretched business will work! All I know is that it can😝. Hopefully I'll be able to find a more helpful locksmith but at the moment I think I have to throw this over to our US members and perhaps someone will do a bit of huntin' and find out whether this can work.

Obviously it can but I don't have a crystal ball and I think we'd all appreciate any help we can get!

Back to top Go down
tonym
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
tonym

Keys. More info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys. More info.   Keys. More info. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:02 am

Pete

Try [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
(Australian distributors of JMA keys they should be able to steer you in the right direction)

Regards
Tony.

P.s the Sports now up to 258,000ks still going strong
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Keys. More info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys. More info.   Keys. More info. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:26 am

Thanks Tony!
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Keys. More info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys. More info.   Keys. More info. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:28 pm

I had a 'lost key' scare on the weekend, so I am keen to know if you identify anything Pete.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Keys. More info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys. More info.   Keys. More info. Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:36 pm

I just did a search on that website using the code on the back of the key Pete has pictured.

This looks to be correct.
Transponder KEY - APRILIA - Bike (Like: ZD30)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keys. More info. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keys. More info.   Keys. More info. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Keys. More info.
Page 1 of 1