GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jmacs
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Jmacs

A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West Empty
PostSubject: A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West   A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:11 pm

Greetings all.  Just purchased a 2014 GRiSO with only 2040 miles on it.  Think I got a good deal on it.  Don't know yet.  It is at Aces Motorcycle in Fort Collins, CO getting a full set of new fluids and look over.  Pretty sure it is still on the original fluids.  I've always known about Moto Guzzi, but never felt the pull.  Until, ...  

Local pawn shop had a 2017 V7 50th Anniversary edition, 5000 miles.  It had been sitting out front for about 15 months.  Took me about 3 weeks to convince myself to part with the money.  45 minutes before I got there, it got loaded up into someone else's truck.  They told me they had another MG at another store.  What the heck, might as well go look at it.  Much better looking bike in person than it was in the pictures.  I was instantly intrigued.  3 days later, it came home with me. 2 days after that, I drove it from Omaha, NE to Fort Collins.  Omaha's a nice town, but there isn't a MG dealer anywhere close.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

kidsmoke, Utesch and activpop like this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West   A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:21 am

Fate smiled upon you that day. Welcome home.
Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West   A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:34 am

Welcome Jmacs!
the GRiSO only gets better!
everything is here to help you maintain your new bike - just use the search feature
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West   A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:25 am

Welcome! My buddies Diablo Nero has black badges, while yours has ‘proper’ red. 😈

I like it.

Pawn shop? Really?
Back to top Go down
rick pope
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
rick pope

PostSubject: Re: A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West   A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:04 am

While you're near Fort Collins, explore the roads. Poudre Canyon, and the roads from that down to Horsetooth Reservoir are good, particularly Rist Canyon Road.

Oh, and WELCOME!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jmacs
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Jmacs

PostSubject: Re: A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West   A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:36 pm

Thanks all. I will have plenty of questions. I already have a list. Trying to find out if they are unique or not. Search engines and I don't get along. (Really, it's a thing. Done experiments with my wife.) First, I just want to get it back from the shop and start learning all the things that give it "character".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West   A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

A little piece of Italy in the Mid-West
Page 1 of 1