GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:56 am

Hi guys,

I would like to know your opinions about these two topiics:

Spark plugs - What do you think about the color of these spark plugs? Too hot? Still OK? To me they look a bit on the "hot" side (alive they are a bit whiter than in the picture...), but it is also a fact that I just did 300 km under a temperature of 38ÂșC....it's hell on earth at the moment here in Portugal...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Valve clearance - Up to now, based on the adjustments I have made so far, it seems the valve clearance seems to increase with time. Is that the experience you have too? I heard once someone saying that the clearance could also decrease with wear...I just want to get that straight, because I use the recommended feeler gage size 10/15mm, but I leave it tight....and I don't want to end up with burned valves...
To set the adjustment point I turn the crankshaft and look for the letters D (Destra - Right) and S (Sinistra - Left) through the check window on the side of the clutch bell housing. It seems not to be a very precise method...If the letter is on the bottom or top of the window it seems to make a difference...Is this the method you guys are following too?

BR,
Matias
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:28 am

Plugs look fine to me.

I use a straw in the plug hole to determine TDC.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Tim Henry and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
ratso88
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ratso88

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:13 pm

What Beetle said.

Except I use a single chop stick.

guzziownr and Yahu like this post

Back to top Go down
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 24, 2023 5:44 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Beetle and Ratso.
Do you also find that the valve clearance tends to increase slightly with the working hours, or did you had a different experience?
Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:15 am

I check my valves every year which is about every 3,000 miles. I have almost 28,000 miles on mine. I don’t think I’ve ever found one loose. Usually most are fine and I find a couple, what I deem a little tight. I agree with the others your plugs look normal and what mine typically look like. And, it’s got to be easier to use a straw, stick etc down the plug hole to find TDC.

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:35 am

I have not found my clearances are increasing. I check mine every 10K km.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Matias
Biondino
Biondino
Matias

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:06 pm

,Thanks 👍
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:59 am

I use a wooden skewer. They don't move much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance   GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO 1100 - Spark Plugs and valve clearance
Page 1 of 1