GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Handlebar position

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Guzzisti
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Guzzisti

Handlebar position  Empty
PostSubject: Handlebar position    Handlebar position  Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:36 pm

I am modifying my 2007 GRiSO 1100 and would prefer lower and narrower grips. What brands would be the best and least complicated option for clip-on bars? I would prefer not to have to shorten the cables. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
tinker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tinker

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar position    Handlebar position  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:09 am

I am just about to try fitting some Hurricane Fat Swallow. It looks like it will work but only without the fly screen. Someone on here has fitted Rizoma Ma054b bars. I will let you know how I get on but it does look like the screen will hinder the cables.
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar position    Handlebar position  Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:04 pm

there are a few limitations due to the design of the bike.

The tank is long, so clip-ons end up giving you a little too much reach forward that certainly isn't optimal with the footpegs being where they are.

In terms of lower and narrower handlebars, you're pretty limited by the tank in terms of how low and narrow you can go, it doesn't take long before your bars are hitting the tank.

Best compromise I've found is (like beetle) running Laverda Jota bars. These can be adjusted agreat deal. I have mine installed with no risers and they only just clear the tank, gives me a nice position and I haven't had to change any cables.

In fact if guzzi had just put a decent seat on this thing, I'd say my bike now has a near perfect riding position. Sat on my friends K1300S the other day and just couldn't believe how much better the BMW seat is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handlebar position    Handlebar position  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Handlebar position
Page 1 of 1