GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:31 pm

The SOuth Islands Brass Monkey is no more,  so a decision was made to head to the North.

Over a few films I will share the Journey.   Even with a bike that is a little broken.  Aint going to give up.

green guzzi, Pawel Spoon and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:19 pm

I just went and looked in the munt pile. I knew I had a GRiSO 'Pork Chop/Footrest hanger plate there somewhere. Sadly it's the left one not the right. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 17, 2023 1:02 am

Thanks Pete, yeah It seems the right side is not to common as a spare. It is repairable. The initial time it was fixed, the guy did an epic job, I guess the stress of sideways weight when it lay down was to much though.

Amazing how much you are looking for the brake when you don't have it. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:05 am

I found that when I tossed the Mighty Scura in, I think, New Mexico, in 2010 or whenever. I've never really think of myself as using the rear brake hardly at all but when it's not there............

I think I rode from Albuquerque to Los Angeles, (California, not NM.) without a rear brake. Not fun.

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:36 pm

I've got a nice spare GRiSO Right pork chop
you can have it ...if you want to pay the shipping from San Francisco area..Just send me a PM if you need it

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:05 am

The next film in the series.  I don't like to make concrete plans in case something changes, but this did not work in my favour riding through the North Island.

green guzzi, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:16 am

You should be a travel agent for NZ cheers

Thanks for sharing,

Have fun !

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:37 am

The next episode... next beyond to the not known

Richard and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:52 pm

And the trip continues past the rally. The North Island of New Zealand is something else, a bit of everything.

green guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:38 am

The next in the little serries...

Damn GPS

green guzzi, Richard and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:42 am

Howdy there, Since the last post, there are another couple of video films to complete the journey, and what and awesome one. I want to do it over again. But shall have to wait and see what happens next year.

green guzzi, Richard and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:37 pm

Maaayyyyte! Magic trip. It makes me a little sad that NZ won't allow my GRiSO in and I won't ever get to ride it there. I will buy a round for us both when next I'm visiting..

Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:44 pm

Why can't you get in, that's pretty sad alright. So much to see, so much road worthy of twisting throttle
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:46 pm

GhostBullet wrote:
Why can't you get in

Non-ABS bikes prohibited from import to NZ…
Back to top Go down
GhostBullet
Biondino
Biondino
GhostBullet

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:53 pm

Of course, that is such crap. I ain't ridden an abs equipped machine. But I can't see the advantage in general circumstance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand   Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Cold Kiwi North Island New Zealand
Page 1 of 1