GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hi from Italy!

Go down 
+5
Bill Hagan
Street
Pete Roper
beetle
Fabio
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fabio
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Fabio

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 12, 2023 12:35 pm

I'm Fabio from Italy, new to this forum, I bought this 1100 two days ago.
It has only 14000km and is perfect!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

beetle, Bill Hagan, Clancy, Svartipants and Grisoleta like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:40 pm

Welcome!

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:08 pm

Welcome. Get on to the swingarm bearings and shock linkages now. At such low Kms they may be salvageable. It might also be wise to pull the fuel pump and check the short hose between pump and filter as these were prone to blowing off on the earlier bikes due to Guzzi not using a fully submersible hose! Rolling Eyes

Bill Hagan and Fabio like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:53 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Fabio!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Fabio
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Fabio

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:20 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Welcome. Get on to the swingarm bearings and shock linkages now. At such low Kms they may be salvageable. It might also be wise to pull the fuel pump and check the short hose between pump and filter as these were prone to blowing off on the earlier bikes due to Guzzi not using a fully submersible hose! Rolling Eyes
Thanks, I knew the hose problem but what about swingarm bearings and shock linkages? What could happen to these?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 12, 2023 10:37 pm

They aren't greased properly at the factory and the design isn't brilliant. Water gets in and the bearings destroy themselves.

Linkage bearings suffer similarly. Once packed with grease they last OK but should be seen as regular maintenance items.

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:45 am

Fabio wrote:
I'm Fabio from Italy, new to this forum, I bought this 1100 two days ago.
It has only 14000km and is perfect!

Welcome, Fabio, and congratulations on your GRiSO.

You have a Fiat 500, too.  Well done.  

Kathi and I were in Vigevano once.  Actually, at least twice; possibly more, and all on the same day in 2017! Shocked

OK, it is true that we were lost.   Crying or Very sad

I always take backroads and thus avoid the Autostrada and counterparts here and elsewhere.  

I was trying to get back to Malpensa -- in, BTW, a grape-colored 500 -- and stumbled around the lovely countryside, including Vigevano for quite some time.  I did not have a GPS, and I am convinced there as some bad signage ... or, more likely, I missed some!  Rolling Eyes

We were in no danger of missing our flight, and Kathi was sweet about it.  After all, there are worse ways to spend one's days.  cheers

Bill

Svartipants and Fabio like this post

Back to top Go down
Fabio
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Fabio

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2023 6:06 am

@ Bill Hagan next time you'll get lost near Vigevano don't miss our wonderfull square (Piazza Ducale)[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2023 8:30 am

Congratulations with your bike and welcome to the Ghetto! The bike looks beautiful. Mostly stock, which is probably a good thing.

Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:18 am

Welcome. Personally, I wonder how you can buy such a motorcycle and not ride it? 14,000 km?, someone only looked at this motorcycle 😉

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:21 am

Welcome! I bought my black 1100 a year ago at 3x the mileage - your´s is quite a find! If it isn´t for the narrowest and most twisty roads, the GRiSO wins at "smiles per miles" every time you ride it. At least in my case ...

I always like to tinker with my bikes, sometimes extensively. But the GRiSO is such a peace of art, one has to be careful not to mod her too far, taking away the original character. Obviously the preowner of your bike thought the same.

Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:16 am

hi fabio, we have the same bike [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i bought it a couple of weeks ago with 11k kilometers

very useful to know about swingarm bearings....i plan to lubricate them asap

(ho scritto in inglese a beneficio di tutti ma sono italiano pure io Very Happy )

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Sponsored content

Hi from Italy! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Italy!   Hi from Italy! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hi from Italy!
Page 1 of 1