GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Well that's a bit of a bastard!

Go down 
+10
Nobleswood
lcjohnny
bioman
JohnA
Bill Hagan
pjm
Clancy
beetle
Street
Pete Roper
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Well that's a bit of a bastard! Empty
PostSubject: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:35 pm

Got a call from Michael this morning, his hot water bottle split on him last night. Of course having no feeling in his legs he woke up this morning with severe burns. He's being taken to the burns unit in Sydney for skin grafts and will be 'Hors de Combat' for a while. Five days in Sydney at least so if you want work done? Sorry, our doors are shut for the time being. I can still organise parts etc. and do little stuff but Doc's orders is no heavy lifting or I'm liable to croak! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:59 pm

Aw shit, get well soon, Michael! Lift a beer, Pete.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:37 pm

I chatted with Pete offline. "Fuck" and "Arse" were some of the expletives.

Yeah, get well soon Michael.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:32 am

That's really fucked for Michael.
Burns so bad that he needs skin grafts!
Shit.
Please pass on my wishes that he heals quickly.

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:55 am

If he didnt have bad luck he would have no luck at all,Get well soon
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:32 am

Well, that sure puts my whining -- before I read that -- about my too-pathetic-to-mention "woes" in perspective.

Please pass along our best wishes for a rapid and complete recovery.

Bill (& Kathi, to whom I just read your post.)  

P.S.  Kathi rarely (in fact, almost never) uses "bad words" as she calls them.  Yet, her first on hearing the story was truly bad.

Back to top Go down
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:00 am

So very sorry to hear. Wish there was something we could do.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 18, 2023 10:13 am

That is terrible news. Very sorry indeed. I wish him strength and a fast recovery.
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:36 pm

Wishing Michael quick and clean healing.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 21, 2023 12:26 pm

Yeah, he didn’t need that. Best wishes for a quick, uneventful recovery.
Can he get an electric blanket instead of something hot enough to inflict burns ?
Back to top Go down
80CX100
Carlotto
Carlotto
80CX100

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:12 pm

Wth do you aussie's put in your hot water bottles,napalm? That sounds nasty.

Praying that Michael is doing ok & that he heals well & quickly.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:05 pm

80CX100 wrote:
Wth do you aussie's put in your hot water bottles,napalm? That sounds nasty.

Praying that Michael is doing ok & that he heals well & quickly.

It's not what's in the hot water bottle, it's where it gets onto if it bursts. Michael's a paraplegic, bust his back about five or six years ago in a bike crash and has no control or sensation to speak of below his sternum. The bottle burst on his legs, he couldn't feel it, hence the burns. Comes with the territory, along with a host of other shitty risk factors but it is what it is, no point in moaning about it.

Anyway he's been in contact, grafts are done. They would of sent him home if he lived in Sydney but because we're a pack of gurning, inbred, hayseeds who live in a *Remote* community Rolling Eyes he has to stay in until they deem him fixed up enough to go home without bursting or some such nonsense. If needs be I'll drive down early this week to deliver anything he needs, like whisky or non hospital food...... Laughing
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 6:44 am

Wow, just now saw this. Hope & pray Michael is going to be OK. I'd use something safer no leaks.
Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:37 am

Hope he recovers quickly..I have had extensive skin grafts on my legs ankles and other parts..long ago..it is no Fckn picnic I can tell you that!. Best wishes to him.
Back to top Go down
80CX100
Carlotto
Carlotto
80CX100

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:18 am

Pete Roper wrote:
If needs be I'll drive down early this week to deliver anything he needs, like whisky or non hospital food...... Laughing

Whisky might help take the edge off the pain,idk;you'll know he's feeling better if he asks you to sneak in a 'roo burger Smile
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:17 am

Get back home soon Michael. fuck!
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 06, 2023 12:50 pm

Hey Pete, did Michael get released yet?
How's his healing going?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:02 pm

Yeah, he's out. Can't work for a while yet for fear of infections etc but he's doing OK.

beetle, Oz1200Guzzi, lcjohnny, Pawel Spoon, kindoy2, Svartipants and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:40 pm

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a bit of a bastard!   Well that's a bit of a bastard! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Well that's a bit of a bastard!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: