GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?

Go down 
+4
GuzziSteve
Pete Roper
sideshowbob
RedMogAndy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Empty
PostSubject: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:45 pm

It's just that mine have developed unsightly brown patches on the plastic outer layer, and they don't look as good as they could do. I like the idea of stainless fittings (because shiny!) and don't really want to remove the old ones & send them off to be copied as I don't have an alternative bike to ride around on . . .

Jankes likes this post

Back to top Go down
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:01 pm

You could try plastic spray paint. The new stuff is pretty good. Clean with ammonia based window cleaner, mask off and give it a try.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:05 pm

Back in the '80's I used to just make up hoses with Speedflow fittings. Hasn't been legal here for decades dunno if it still is in the UK? Doubt it.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:56 pm

You can usually find the stuff a Hotrod car suppliers. I made the ones on my Cal2 sidecar rig.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:53 pm

HEL will make them to order. I had set made, but they weren't same as stock.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

RedMogAndy and kindoy2 like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:19 am

I had HEL as well, also custom because the OEM lines weren't long enough for the Brembo RCS mastercylinders. I didn't change clutch lines, so kept to same colour/look. The HEL lines cost £104 delivered (back in 2018 !)....

RedMogAndy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:10 pm

try Spiegler performance parts - they already have the template for the GRiSO, will make to order and are reasonably priced
I replaced mine when installing risers and have had no issues whatsoever
You can choose colors  - I went with red lowers and smoked upper to complement the Rosso scheme
this is the only photo I have that sort of shows it

RedMogAndy and JC_Guz89 like this post

Back to top Go down
RedMogAndy
Carlotto
Carlotto
RedMogAndy

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2023 1:46 pm

Thanks all for the input Very Happy I'm loving the idea of getting different colours for top and bottom hoses - hadn't thought of that! Being UK based I reckon a call to Hel will sort my problem Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Lazlokovacs
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Lazlokovacs

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:44 pm

that is an awesome looking GRiSO mate. good stuff!!

Chris W wrote:
try Spiegler performance parts - they already have the template for the GRiSO, will make to order and are reasonably priced
I replaced mine when installing risers and have had no issues whatsoever
You can choose colors  - I went with red lowers and smoked upper to complement the Rosso scheme
this is the only photo I have that sort of shows it

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?   Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Has anybody had a set of front brake hoses made?
Page 1 of 1