GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.


12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...
 
HomeRegisterLog in

 

 Living room finds

Go down 
+7
Deepdive
bioman
GuzziSteve
ErikdeBrabander
kidsmoke
Pete Roper
René S
11 posters
AuthorMessage
René S
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
René S


Posts : 6
Join date : 2023-11-20

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:33 am

Hello GRiSO people,
I would like to share my enthusiasm with you.
I have been riding motorcycles for almost 40 years. After the entire series of Honda's (350,500, 750 and CBX) I have ridden many brands. I had a Le Mans in the early 90s and I thought it was a special bike. I have now a Duc 900 SS IE for several years, which is also a nice bike. Secretly I keep looking at a Guzzi. A few weeks ago I was in a motorcycle shop where the salesman asked me what I wanted. I said I wasn't looking for anything but if I see something I like I might buy it. He told me that he had traded in a GRiSO with 470 km on the odometer and that it came from a living room as a piece of jewelry.
I must have that, was my thought.
And here I picked it up last Friday.
Completely new, great.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan, kidsmoke, BowraBoy, Gootzibird13, kindoy2, Svartipants, activpop and like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper


Posts : 10546
Join date : 2013-05-29
Age : 67

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:38 pm

So what year is it?
Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke


Posts : 185
Join date : 2017-09-25

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:51 am

Oh my! A red 1200! Well, you've got yourself a great canvas...likely have some tasks to execute before you go off on tour. But WOW. Congratulations.
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander


Posts : 73
Join date : 2023-09-23

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:06 am

Welcome to this forum!

Wow! the milage is exceptional! I thought mine at 8000km was pretty close to new!

A few weeks ago I had mine picked up to a mechanic for rollerisation. I spend some time on this topic and I realised it is a mandatory modification. You have to take into acount you may have this mod in future.

I had a 750ss, Monster900, TT2 and 900SSie and disliked the ie the most. Mainly the wrist pressure...

3spoke! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
René S
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
René S


Posts : 6
Join date : 2023-11-20

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:33 am

According to the license plate, it was first registered in 2014, but according to the chassis number, it left the factory in 2008.
Back to top Go down
René S
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
René S


Posts : 6
Join date : 2023-11-20

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:39 am

ErikdeBrabander wrote:
Welcome to this forum!

Wow! the milage is exceptional! I thought mine at 8000km was pretty close to new!

A few weeks ago I had mine picked up to a mechanic for rollerisation. I spend some time on this topic and I realised it is a mandatory modification. You have to take into acount you may have this mod in future.

I had a 750ss, Monster900, TT2 and 900SSie and disliked the ie the most. Mainly the wrist pressure...

3spoke! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Before delivery I had everything done, the gearbox shaft and engine oil were replaced and I also had the brake fluid replaced.
New tires and of course the modification. The latest version of the software has also been installed.
I am ready.

Ad B and ErikdeBrabander like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke


Posts : 185
Join date : 2017-09-25

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:01 am

René S wrote:
According to the license plate, it was first registered in 2014, but according to the chassis number, it left the factory in 2008.

Nice. My bike was built in Sept of '08, so they're genetically close. Simply wonderful machine.

As you likely know by now, your motor 100% absolutely was built with flat tappets which must be changed unless done previously, which is a possibility given that it's initial licensing happened after the factory and the 'marketplace' had become aware of the problem. If you’re REALLY lucky, that bike was rollerized professionally when sold and you're in high cotton...if not you need to find a c-kit.

required reading:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Hope this doesn't come as a surprise or bad news to you, but with that mileage you've got a wonderful bike in your hands regardless. Best of luck! Welcome to the ghetto.


Last edited by kidsmoke on Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve


Posts : 790
Join date : 2016-04-14

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:13 am

Most of the time the dealer sitting on a new model will do all recalls & bulletins due for that bike before it's sold to be registered.
Red ones are faster! Welcome, Ride Safe

kidsmoke likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper


Posts : 10546
Join date : 2013-05-29
Age : 67

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:41 am

The problem is 'Rollerisation' was never a recall or specified update. It may be 'Up to date' with factory 'Upgrades' but the only one that applied to the 2008 motor was the swap from the original cast iron flat tappets to the forged steel ones with a DLC coating. They didn't fix the failure problem.

The only way to know for sure if your bike has been rollerised is to whip off a rocker cover and have a look. It takes 15 minutes. Just do it, then you'll know for sure.

Oh, and if they haven't been done it will need the swingarm bearings and shock linkage bearings greasing and it's a good idea to Loctite the final drive pinion nut while the bevelbox is off. Clutch fluid should be done as well as brake fluid and then replaced on a yearly/10,000km basis.

If you're lucky you won't suffer from the leaky rear main bearing flange issue.

Bill Hagan, kidsmoke and activpop like this post

Back to top Go down
René S
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
René S


Posts : 6
Join date : 2023-11-20

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:00 pm

kidsmoke wrote:
René S wrote:
According to the license plate, it was first registered in 2014, but according to the chassis number, it left the factory in 2008.

Nice. My bike was built in Sept of '08, so they're genetically close. Simply wonderful machine.

As you likely know by now, your motor 100% absolutely was built with flat tappets which must be changed unless done previously, which is a possibility given that it's initial licensing happened after the factory and the 'marketplace' had become aware of the problem. If your REALLY lucky, that bike was rollerized professionally when sold and you're in high cotton...if not you need to find a c-kit.

required reading:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]



Hope this doesn't come as a surprise or bad news to you, but with that mileage you've got a wonderful bike in your hands regardless. Best of luck! Welcome to the ghetto.

My motorcycle received kit C before delivery, which was a requirement of mine.

Bill Hagan, lcjohnny, kidsmoke and deremsländer like this post

Back to top Go down
René S
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
René S


Posts : 6
Join date : 2023-11-20

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:12 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
The problem is 'Rollerisation' was never a recall or specified update. It may be 'Up to date' with factory 'Upgrades' but the only one that applied to the 2008 motor was the swap from the original cast iron flat tappets to the forged steel ones with a DLC coating. They didn't fix the failure problem.

The only way to know for sure if your bike has been rollerised is to whip off a rocker cover and have a look. It takes 15 minutes. Just do it, then you'll know for sure.

Oh, and if they haven't been done it will need the swingarm bearings and shock linkage bearings greasing and it's a good idea to Loctite the final drive pinion nut while the bevelbox is off. Clutch fluid should be done as well as brake fluid and then replaced on a yearly/10,000km basis.

If you're lucky you won't suffer from the leaky rear main bearing flange issue.

At my request they removed the valve covers so that we could take a look, the motorcycle shop in question is also an MG dealer and it was not yet rollerised, but now it is.
Thanks for the information

lcjohnny and kidsmoke like this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper


Posts : 10546
Join date : 2013-05-29
Age : 67

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:17 pm

Sweet! That's the one 'Big Ticket' item and if it was covered you're golden! cheers

Bill Hagan, kidsmoke and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke


Posts : 185
Join date : 2017-09-25

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:12 am

René S wrote:

My motorcycle received kit C before delivery, which was a requirement of mine.


You found a unicorn! Looking forward to your ride reports

Bill Hagan and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman


Posts : 829
Join date : 2014-05-06

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:08 am

Wow... you are one lucky guy!!  What a find.  Congratulations! And welcome to the Ghetto.
Back to top Go down
Deepdive
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Deepdive


Posts : 104
Join date : 2020-02-29
Age : 59

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 24, 2023 2:06 am

Mooie brommer. Gefeliciteerd met de aanwinst!
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13


Posts : 228
Join date : 2020-10-17

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:37 pm

René S wrote:
Hello GRiSO people,
I would like to share my enthusiasm with you.
I have been riding motorcycles for almost 40 years. After the entire series of Honda's (350,500, 750 and CBX) I have ridden many brands. I had a Le Mans in the early 90s and I thought it was a special bike. I have now a Duc 900 SS IE for several years, which is also a nice bike. Secretly I keep looking at a Guzzi. A few weeks ago I was in a motorcycle shop where the salesman asked me what I wanted. I said I wasn't looking for anything but if I see something I like I might buy it. He told me that he had traded in a GRiSO with 470 km on the odometer and that it came from a living room as a piece of jewelry.
I must have that, was my thought.
And here I picked it up last Friday.
Completely new, great.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Holy cow great score! Buyer beware though, once all the above mentioned are sorted you can easily put 67,500 miles on that big block in just over 4 years......Enjoy
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan


Posts : 96
Join date : 2022-09-19
Age : 57

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:08 am

15 years old and at the same time brand spanking new in showroom-condition – what a find!

I had to laugh when I had a look at the prices charged for used 1100s in Austria two days ago: around 7.000 Euro with mileages between 15k and 25k. My 1100 with 26k at 4.600 Euro was a steal in comparison. May I ask what you payed? Those bikes were about 15.000 Euro new from the dealer back then.
Back to top Go down
René S
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
René S


Posts : 6
Join date : 2023-11-20

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:33 am

el capitan wrote:
15 years old and at the same time brand spanking new in showroom-condition – what a find!

I had to laugh when I had a look at the prices charged for used 1100s in Austria two days ago: around 7.000 Euro with mileages between 15k and 25k. My 1100 with 26k at 4.600 Euro was a steal in comparison. May I ask what you payed? Those bikes were about 15.000 Euro new from the dealer back then.

I was looking at a GRiSO between €5000 and €8000, I think my estimated value would be somewhere between €8000 and €10,000. I paid less for it with a complete service and a roller treatment.
Back to top Go down
GrisoGROG
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
GrisoGROG


Posts : 1
Join date : 2023-10-14
Age : 62

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:19 am

What an incredible opportunity.
You will enjoy this beautiful motorcycle for many years.
Follow the forum and find out if the few birth defects have been fixed and then...Gone with the wind..
cheers
Back to top Go down
davel66
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
davel66


Posts : 7
Join date : 2022-12-30
Age : 30

Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:18 am

Prachtige vondst en nieuwstaat! Veel plezier ermee [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Living room finds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living room finds   Living room finds Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down
 
Living room finds
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Anyone living outside the dealer network? Anyone had joy dealing with factory in Italy?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: