GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

End of a Legend

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JohnA
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
JohnA

End of a Legend Empty
PostSubject: End of a Legend   End of a Legend Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:27 pm

Rode to a "monument" to a very famous old time cowboy mostly in silent pictures. Not too far from where I live. Tom Mix "expired" on this spot in 1940. Crashed his convertible Cord there.
He was in 291 movies of which all but 6 were silent movies. Interesting reading if this document is readable.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Tim Henry
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Tim Henry

End of a Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a Legend   End of a Legend Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:33 am

I had a livestock farm in Pleasant Shade Tn about 30 years ago and the house was built at turn of the 20th century and the walls of the upstairs rooms were covered with newspapers from the 00's to about 40s and one of the news stories read "Tom Mix marries Queen of the bigtop" from the teens or early 20s there was also an article about how cigarettes can cure a sore throat. Update he married wife number 5 who was an airial performer in 32

Bill Hagan and JohnA like this post

Back to top Go down
Tehuelche
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Tehuelche

End of a Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a Legend   End of a Legend Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:09 pm

I've been there! Heading from Tuscon to Phoenix a few years ago I happened upon the memorial and stopped and checked it out. Tom Mix was pretty important back in the day. His house on Central in Phoenix is now Los Dos Molinos, a great mexican place.

Bill Hagan and JohnA like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.solonmfg.com
Sponsored content

End of a Legend Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of a Legend   End of a Legend Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

End of a Legend
Page 1 of 1