GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Empty
PostSubject: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:18 pm

You greedy Austrians.  I see what you're up to.  You're keeping the best GRiSO maps from the hoi polloi in order to drive sales for your so-called "Mistral Hi-Pipes".  You dirty chiselers...

I subversively tried one of these "Hi-Pipe Members Only" maps, pirated of course from an unnamed source.  pirat

All I can say is that with my very own, proprietary, ARROW custom racing exhaust (it's a low boy.)  Otherwise known as the MARMITTA CONICA ACCIAIO INOX PER GRiSO GUZZI - ala Satinata...  This map is a CRACKER!

GRiSO wrote:
I'm sorry, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:38 pm

Ahem. Suspect

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:45 pm

I laughed - a lot!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:46 pm

Yup, its all a cunning plot! Very Happy

If it works well? Great. As both Mark and I have said though do check your plugs regularly and at different throttle and load points. We ain't gunna put up with any sandy-vag whinging if you blow a hole in a piston! affraid

I reckon though that as soon as old Stinky Breath has stopped pissing rocks and can ride around without his stent trying to impale his kidley there will probably be some other maps getting 'Upgraded'! In the same was as the Hi-pipe map.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:27 pm

What he said.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead!

OK, we'll keep an eye on the plugs and promise not to sue you fuckers. But I'm not kidding, it was a fun ride! I was even sniffing for fumes when I could follow close on the Stelvio. I got nothing, so I don't think running super rich is an issue, even at idle.

I'm going to start calling you Sebastian Cabot...

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:26 am

Well if Mark is happy for it to go out for general consumption everybody can have fun BUT since it isn't data-log developed for other pipes I would ask that if people are uncertain of their bike's tune? Don't!

Nobody wants to risk damage but also we don't want ignorami blaming us if they fuck up 'cos they can't read a plug or recognise their bike is running like a munter!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:33 am

Steak wrote:
I was even sniffing for fumes when I could follow close on the Stelvio.

You could get close on a Stelvio? Shocked

Hmm.   scratch    I must have done something wrong....

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:57 am

beetle wrote:
Steak wrote:
I was even sniffing for fumes when I could follow close on the Stelvio.

You could get close on a Stelvio? Shocked

Hmm.   scratch    I must have done something wrong....

It was hard work godammit, and I nearly lost an eye, but science requires sacrifice...

In all seriousness, the bike "seems" to be running splendidly.  I rode it up and down the rev range myself with nary a hiccup.  Smooth and predictable, and man oh man does it pull...  We're going to go for another run in a bit, then we'll pull the plugs for a squizz when we get back from a late breakfast.  Maybe we'll run by Folsom Prison so they can hear the train a comin' as it's rollin' 'round the bend...

For the record, Don's GRiSO is in contemporary tune.  We did the valves and sync'ed the throttle bodies just last week after we put on the ARROW can (with the dB killer) and took off for the coast.  Had a great squirt on Saturday on the road from Willits to Fort Bragg and then some more twisties on the way to Legget before overnighting in Fortuna.  Fantastic roads!  Saturday put us on Highway 36, which was phenomenal!  140 miles of roller coaster curves, truly a destination highway.  Here are some pics.

The road from the coast to Legget.

A welcome respite when we reached Fortuna...

The truth is out there.

The Axis overnights...

At the tail end, it was a spectacular 140 miles!

Livin' the good life...

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:57 am

What's that ugly silver thing? It looks like a Caddis Fly larva!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:47 pm

Spaceship!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:57 am

Speaking of Arrow, I have these delightful bent titanium thingies plus a midpipe of like element. I hypothesize that if the stock headers and midpipe can work just peachy with the Mistral sans dB killer, then said Mistral with dB killer and aforementioned titanium goodies will work same.

The stock midpipe has two 90 degree bends plus a ~70 degree bend. The Arrow midpipe has one 90 degree bend. I reckon the extra length plus additional 90 degree bend in Mistral Hi-Pipe plus dB killer might approximate current pipe tuning. Capital idea or steaming pile of rancid pig offal is to be determined once other mappy stuff is completed and hideous kidney stent is removed, which currently limits riding to about 30 minutes before turning me into a writhing slack-jawed meat puppet.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 am

You did Fort Bragg?!
I am going to cry. I havent done that run in decades. Waaah.

DM
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:24 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
You did Fort Bragg?!
I am going to cry. I havent done that run in decades. Waaah.

DM

Yessir, this was the Day 1 Route: Highlight on Willits to Ft. Bragg to Leggett

And this was the Day 2 Route: Highlight on Fortuna to Red Bluff Hwy 36 - 140 miles of curvey goodness.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Just confirming that the Griso24S-FU2-Mistral-NodBK-3DFC.2014.09.29 goes gangbusters on the Diavolo Nero with the Arrow low-boy.  Will be checking the plugs after another run.

Tried loading up the Griso24S-FU2-Mistral-NodBK-5124.2014.10.02 version and my GRiSO sputtered, coughed, and almost shat itself.  Maybe it was a bad load, but it was right fuk'd from the get go.  I might try reloading it, but the first run was no good at all.

Went for a good 100+ mile run with the Motomonster yesterday after loading the latest test map on his GRiSO 1100, which he raved about. We swapped bikes for a bit, and yes indeed, the 1100 was in great shakes!

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:34 pm

What was the ambient temperature? The only difference between the two maps is the air-pressure-temp correction table.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Probably 16℃, so pretty temperate. I think it must've been a corrupted upload, because it was truly god awful. Went straight back to the previous map, which brings me bliss...

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:51 pm

Well the 3DFC is a little richer at this temps, but not enough to make it un-rideable. I would try again.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jesus, Mary and Joseph!   Jesus, Mary and Joseph! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: