GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Northern California!

Go down 
+8
el capitan
not-fishing
kindoy2
Street
SemperVee1
bioman
GuzziSteve
cfc250
12 posters
AuthorMessage
cfc250
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
cfc250

Hello from Northern California! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:08 pm

My name is Chris and I live in Rocklin California. I recently purchased a very clean 2007 GRiSO with 16k miles. I'm looking forward to taking short trips to cafes and soaking up the wonderful character this bike offers.

I've been a fan of the GRiSO since I first layed eyes on one. I should have bought one sooner, as I believe this could be my absolute favorite machine. I've owned many different bikes over the past 40 years (Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Triumph, Ducati). Super excited to be on here!!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

humboldtguzzi, lcjohnny, Richard, Svartipants, JC_Guz89 and 80CX100 like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:24 pm

Welcome, nice clean black G.
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:59 am

Congrats with your new bike, and welcome to the Ghetto.  That looks like a perfect (but much cleaner) copy of my trusted GRiSO.  Enjoy!!
Back to top Go down
SemperVee1
Carlotto
Carlotto
SemperVee1

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:28 pm

Welcome... SO MANY nice roads where you are. I lived up the 49 for 3 years near Auburn and explored most of it...LOTS of sweepers there. Mosquito ridge, etc....
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:43 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Chris!

Pete (Street)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
kindoy2
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:22 pm

Happy riding...Great bike
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
not-fishing

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:01 pm

Well, you can start with the Guzzi National at John Day.  It's an easy 2 day ride.  I hope to make it, health willing, 2024.

I have an '07 1100 I bought around a decade ago.  Right now I'm around 70,000 miles but my health has been bad the last 6 or so years otherwise I'd probably be closer to 100,000 miles.  

It has a Mistral Exhaust (much lighter), Hepco Becker rack and Tusk Panniers.  I look at it as my pickup truck that is much better on dirt roads than my V11 Lemans.

I also put Stelvio hand guards and a Marlin fairing on it.  It really helps with cold weather.

One of these days you could also make the Northern California Guzzi dinner in San Jose.  They're a good group but riding in the Bay Area is not so nice.  (Livermore to San Jose)

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:56 am

Welcome, Chris! I´m also the lucky owner of a black GRiSO 1100 from 2006 albeit with 27k miles. Don´t regret not getting the Guzzi sooner – I´m 56 now and would not have been "mature enough" for the GRiSO when she appeared on the market. Now I love her for what she is, not critisize the things she is not soo good at. The GRiSO is either my "sports trekker" or the "flying menhir" and despite her ratio of 250 kg @ 88 HP always good for a surprise to riders of lighter and stronger bikes, who underestimate the Italian ladies capabilities. To make the best of it swap to the correct Beetle map and replace the reaction rod bushing (engine side) with the corresponding and stronger Stelvio part (0,5 hours and 30$).
Back to top Go down
cfc250
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
cfc250

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:50 am

Thank you! I will need to look into the Beetle maps more. As far as the bushing goes, is there an issue with the GRiSO part? I'll check it out.
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:28 am

The bushing does not necessarily be shot at your mileage but very likely due to age of the rubber. If you feel too much play in your tranny (especially in low-rev conditions under varying load) they are mostly due to the deteriorated rubber bushing and poor fuelling. Ask me how I know ... Laughing

Are these Dunlop RoadSmart IV on your bike?
Back to top Go down
cfc250
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
cfc250

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:27 pm

They are RoadSmart III. Good point about the old rubber.
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:13 pm

My G11 and I are both very fond of the RS IV - and the IIIs are just the predecessor, not bad.
Back to top Go down
Yahu
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yahu

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:39 am

cfc250 wrote:
My name is Chris and I live in Rocklin California. I recently purchased a very clean 2007 GRiSO with 16k miles. I'm looking forward to taking short trips to cafes and soaking up the wonderful character this bike offers.

I've been a fan of the GRiSO since I first layed eyes on one. I should have bought one sooner, as I believe this could be my absolute favorite machine. I've owned many different bikes over the past 40 years (Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda, Triumph, Ducati). Super excited to be on here!!
Hello, it's very good
Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:21 am

Welcome aboard mate - she looks nice!
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:45 am

cfc250 wrote:
I've been a fan of the GRiSO since I first layed eyes on one. I should have bought one sooner, as I believe this could be my absolute favorite machine.

Welcome Chris. It reminds me when I decided to buy mine  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:48 am

Do you have any idea on what's in the red circle ? Is this a kind of mud guard ?

Back to top Go down
Chris W
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Chris W

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:06 am

that would be the charcoal cannister - if you start having vapor issues, drips of fuel or fuel tank pressure issues, it's typically the culprit.  A cannisterectomy is a relatively straight forward procedure that will fix issues with the evap system.

Oh - and welcome to the Ghetto!

Yahu likes this post

Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:10 am

Understood Thumbs Up Thxs !
Back to top Go down
cfc250
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
cfc250

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:12 am

Thank you and thanks for the info! I'm still very new to Moto Guzzi.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Northern California!   Hello from Northern California! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Northern California!
Page 1 of 1