GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

reaction rod joints

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

reaction rod joints Empty
PostSubject: reaction rod joints   reaction rod joints Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:07 am

Hi everyone, as someone already knows i disassembled the swingarm to replace the final drive inner seal.
At the same time i take the opportunity to inspect and swap the two reaction rod joints.

On the frame side i ordered the modified joint (with silent block) in order to replace the original.

On the drive side i believed to have installed on the bike the ball joint (GU05638130 ) but i found installed exactly the same kind of joint originally installed on the frame side, a simple 2-part bushing with some sort of white (and disgregated) rubber between external and internal part?

Bike is a 2006 1100.
It's normal? I think i've to replace also this...
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: reaction rod joints   reaction rod joints Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:55 am

Correct. But the Final drive side is rarely needing replaced it's a floating 5 piece assembly with circlips that has to be pressed in/out of the CARC off of the bike. The two foam rubber washers take almost no shock load what so ever so it never wares out. I've changed out 5 silent blocks(engine side) and still have the CARC side replacement in my parts bin....
Back to top Go down
Richard
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Richard

PostSubject: Re: reaction rod joints   reaction rod joints Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:18 am

Gootzibird13 wrote:
I've changed out 5 silent blocks(engine side) and still have the CARC side replacement in my parts bin....

How often (miles) did you change these silent blocks ?
Back to top Go down
Gootzibird13
Biondino
Biondino
Gootzibird13

PostSubject: Re: reaction rod joints   reaction rod joints Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:29 am

I'm at 250lbs and I ride in the middle range of excelleration every 12000 to 20000 miles id change out front silent block. It sounds very metal to metal when shifting if it's spent. Once you replace front it will shift like transmission was rebuilt. It's a subtle clunck sound vs a CLANK ect......

Richard likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Carlotto
Carlotto
motografando

PostSubject: Re: reaction rod joints   reaction rod joints Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:33 pm

ok thanks, i'll do the job soon. mine have a very minimum play but (front) foam rubbers are totally gone because of a big amount of oil went out from the carc on the entire swingarm and suspension area.
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: reaction rod joints   reaction rod joints Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

reaction rod joints
Page 1 of 1