GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)

Go down 
+2
beetle
Pete Roper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Empty
PostSubject: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:24 pm

Note that this is only a preliminary review and the bike the part was attached to is a huge, steaming, turd.

OK, so first up Michael had to do an air bit of stuffing about to get it to fit and the washers supplied with the kit don't work in this application. That aside the pull is indeed lighter but it is also vague and, at least with the shorty levers on the bike in question, the span adjustment has to be on the furthest out setting to get enough lift for separation and even then there is enough drag to make selecting neutral difficult at a standstill.

Now that may be down to the lever on this bike, it certainly doesn't help, and the clutch has been off at some point and like everything else on the bike may of been the result of butchery on reinstallation. There may also have been bleeding problems, but the pull and feel remains consistent so I think probably not.

All in all, at the moment, I am underwhelmed. But I'll report back after we have re-motored this shitbox it's fitted to and fitted a set of better levers.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 30, 2024 10:34 pm

So, this is on the White shitter?

scratch

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:16 pm

Yup. That's why the very large 'Provisional'. When we do the final autopsy on the engine in that POS it's going to be, errrrr? *Interesting*.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:48 pm

Tee hee!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
850-Nero
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
850-Nero

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2024 12:45 am

I've seen these advertised and they would seem a good option for those wanting to keep the bike stock (I actually like the stock levers)
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:03 pm

My clutch was 28-43k miles old and i got enough lift - no drag at lights & gear selection unchanged.

So i think it should be ok on your 'white shitter' Very Happy

from what Paul and Beetle said the better leverage of a radial master cylinder would complete the thing
Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2024 4:34 am

I have also fitted one recently along with a new clutch.

I too have short levers which I have adjusted to max span and still have neutral selection issues, but no drag.

I am going to try the OE clutch lever, if not I may swap back to the large piston Moto Guzzi slave and see if the problem goes (as there isn't a great deal of difference in lever pressure between them)
Back to top Go down
el capitan
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
el capitan

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:10 am

Considered the Oberon slave, but instead went for a Brembo RCS16 master - best choice ever and a lot easier to install. The radial master allows for setting travel and free movement, something unavailable with the stock master cylinder. It is still sensitive to settings and the combination thereof; I played around a lot to find "the" setting that really suited me.

paulbrice likes this post

Back to top Go down
BrianD
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
BrianD

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 22, 2024 4:34 am

I have swapped the shorty levers for the OE ones, no real difference in operation selecting neutral from 1st is OK but clunks when going from neutral to 1st.

Will put old slave (command) back on and see if that cures all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)   Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oberon Slave Cylinder review, (Preliminary.)
Page 1 of 1