GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tank drain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moto Guzzi virgin
Carlotto
Carlotto
Moto Guzzi virgin

Tank drain Empty
PostSubject: Tank drain   Tank drain Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:36 am

I finally have my bike back together after 4 weeks off the road, I knew the tank drain was blocked so when I had the tank of, I cleaned out the fitting at the back but it did not fix the situation, I have seen another post where the person had snapped the fitting off in the tank as it is aluminum, so I thought I would leave it alone, today I removed the filler and surround and cleaned out the mess underneath, I remembered I had a roll of bicycle gear shift inner cable I use on my modified cars, It went around the fitting at the top and a few turns resulted in a cleared line with all the contents spilling onto the top of the gear box, if you hold your mouth right and turn the cable in the anti-clock wise direction you can get it to exit the fitting, I did all of this with the tank mounted to the bike, all I did was remove the drain from the tank using a pair of long nose pliers, I checked the other side and all was clear, I dismantled the anti leak valve in the cap and checked that it was clean, reassembled and all is fixed.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Tank drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tank drain   Tank drain Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:39 am

Win!
Back to top Go down

Tank drain
Page 1 of 1