12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 

Cleaning exhaust headers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning exhaust headers   Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:39 am

Tolle09 wrote:
Imho exhaust wrap looks crap, I've heard of pipes cracking with the extra heat build up. Can't understand why peeps do it, unless you've had a spill and dented one.Ceramic coating is durable so long as a reputable firm does it.
I tend to agree - wrapped pipes, to me, say "rat bike" - they detract from the classy look of the GRiSO. Steak should chime in here - his first GRiSO had matte gray ceramic coated headers, and it looked sweet against the silver frame of his black 1100. I don't mind a bit of bluing or bronzing.

And I'm surprised and amazed at how well those rusty pipes on the Tenni turned out after the buffing. Wow!
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning exhaust headers   Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:25 am

You can do all of that work or you can tape some plastic bags around the engine for masking, spray the pipes with Optiglanz, wait 5 minutes then wash it off.

You might have to buff a little with some wax or WD50 after your done but that's about it.

Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning exhaust headers   Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:53 am

Dilliw wrote:
You can do all of that work or you can tape some plastic bags around the engine for masking, spray the pipes with Optiglanz, wait 5 minutes then wash it off.  

You might have to buff a little with some wax or WD50 after your done but that's about it.

George, how long do you recommend that one warm up the engine before putting on the plastic bags?

jocolor

Buon Natale.

Bill

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning exhaust headers   Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:01 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:
Dilliw wrote:

George, how long do you recommend that one warm up the engine before putting on the plastic bags?

jocolor

Buon Natale.

Bill

No warming required Bill as the stuff (Optiglanz) is the bomb. And sorry it was WD40 or ACF-50 I was talking about. I sort of combined them I guess.

Back to top Go down
2highlander
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning exhaust headers   Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:20 pm

After using Optiglanz you should also use Autosol Antiblau for a finish with great results. Awesome, I swear!
Back to top Go down

Cleaning exhaust headers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: