GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings from The Netherlands

Go down 
+5
davel66
Street
Pete Roper
kidsmoke
Coin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Coin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Coin

Greetings from The Netherlands  Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:20 pm

Hi everyone and thanks for having me!

They call me Coin and im from the Netherlands. I've been riding Guzzis ever since I started riding about 14 years ago. Still have my first little Guzzi, a v50 nato. Its been build for and used by the Dutch army.
I've also got a modified 850t3 California. It's been in a slider and has been rebuild with a lemans 1000 engine and fuel tank, self designed and made front hub and yokes. Ducati upside down fork and brakes. Guzzis great looking boranni 18 inch spoked rims. And of course the rest is also custom. Before anyone asks, yes I designed it so that the old guzzi geometry hasn't changed a mm.
And then there's a v7iii and tuned v50 NATO with the 650 engine and drivetrain.
But recently, and the reason I'm on here, I've added a GRiSO to the collection. I've always been a huge fan and now finally own one.
It's a 2009 1200. Regular version but with spoked wheels. It's in decent shape but not perfect. And the last bit is why I bought it at a fair price. Im planning to do some small changes to personalise it, I hope I don't offend and purists. Oh and when I change something I always do it in a way that you can go back to original.. if original parts need to be modified I'll buy a replacement, modify that and keep the original stored safely.

GhostBullet likes this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 07, 2024 12:28 pm

Welcome Coin. Sounds like a plan is well established.

No on where will be offended by photos of other bikes btw. I for one would love to see them.

Coin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Coin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Coin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:56 pm

As soon as I have a update I'll share it Smile

Coin likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:23 pm

The question that always has to be asked. Has it been rollerised?

BowraBoy, kindoy2 and Coin like this post

Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:09 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto, Coin! I saw elsewhere that you and Pete are already in conversation about your roller conversion - you've come to the right place. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your various projects.

Pete (Street) (Yes, there are a lot of Petes here.)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Coin likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Coin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Coin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:05 am

Yes it needs to be rollarised. It's got 20k km's on the clock and still sounds fine, oil looked fine aswel. I felt like it was a bit of a gamble but I'm hoping all is still good and I'm on time to rollarise it Smile

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:12 am

Get to it now and you’lllikely be fine.

kindoy2 likes this post

Back to top Go down
davel66
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
davel66

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:30 pm

Welkom! Very Happy veel plezier met dit GRiSO projectje

Wishmoor likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wishmoor
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Wishmoor

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:35 am

Hey there,
Welcome to this forum. I’m also from the Netherlands.
I’ve got a slightly customed GRiSO as well.

Coin likes this post

Back to top Go down
BowraBoy
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
BowraBoy

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2024 12:48 pm

Welcome aboard mate. Yes, get it rollerised ASAP. Ideally, don't ride it at all until that is done.

Coin likes this post

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:09 pm

Cefeliciteerd met je nieuwe GRiSO, and welcome to the Ghetto!

Wishmoor and Coin like this post

Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 23, 2024 10:15 am

Welcome to this forum!
Seems you have a great collection already! I'm looking forward to some pics of those Cool

I had mine rollerised a few months ago along with a Beetle map and it turned out it is much easier to manage at low rpm and I'm able to get approx 225km out of 1 tank before the tank light shows up.

There are a few technical mods worth considering and a few for cosmetics. I'm in a slow pace on this leaning towards 1 or 2 mods a year.

Groetz! Erik

Wishmoor and Coin like this post

Back to top Go down
Coin
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Coin

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 23, 2024 1:15 pm

Hmm I still have to look into maps. A friend of mine put his GRiSO on the rolling road(i think that what its called). Its pretty much the same bike, ik thinking about using is map. Did you map it yourself?
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 24, 2024 12:40 pm

Ed (forummember) was kind enough to place the map in my bike. Later I purshased the cables myself because it is pretty basic. Bluemarblerider on youtube has a nice vid how to do this.We do have a few Guzzo tuners in the Netherlands who can do this too.
The fuel consumption on mine was pretty bad after TLM mapping and had it reset to original which was a huge improvement but occasionally a pop out the pipe. the Beetle map solved this and consumption changed from 130km to 225 km a tank.
However, do realise this engine is stock at it's max and it is better to make it smoother than stronger and if it runs good I'd suggest to keep it as it is.
The rollerisation seems a must and the Beetle could be an afterthought and not a bad upgrade when changing a silencer.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 24, 2024 11:38 pm

I take it you are going to pay the designer and manufacturer for this pirated copy of his product? scratch
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:29 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I take it you are going to pay the designer and manufacturer for this pirated copy of his product? scratch

I'm not that stupid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 25, 2024 2:30 pm

OK, sorry, I tend to get a bit narky about this sort of thing having had a couple of my designs stolen and plagiarised. I have an intense dislike of rip-off merchants.
Back to top Go down
ErikdeBrabander
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
ErikdeBrabander

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 26, 2024 8:23 am

You give personal advice and I'd rip you off risking to be banned for pennies Thumbs Up
Being a mechanic myself, R&D and labour and service is not free.

I'm willing to help a member because that is what a forum is about, but they have to bring their own mapping.

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from The Netherlands    Greetings from The Netherlands  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings from The Netherlands
Page 1 of 1