GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

O2 sensor foolers?

Go down 
+3
beetle
LBC Tenni
Pete Roper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Well. I got the roller top end installed and timed up on this stelvio. Pumped up the tensioners as best I could but could see the chIns were very worn. Spun it over for 30 seconds with the lids off to see what was happening then put the plugs back in, said a quick prayer and hit the go button. Chain on the right cylinder jumped three teeth instantly and bent the inlets. SHIT! Oh well, it was worth a try. And all because someone believed these bits of shit were a good idea.

Expensive mistake on a bike with less than 30,000kms on.

Pete
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:35 pm

Somewhere in the sky over Bungendore there must float a finely crafted cloud of curse words spun from this turn of events.  Mad
I can imagine your frustration Pete. It'd be enough to make me come unglued.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Abandon all hope. Fatduc's (and their ilk) are the Divils work. The Divil, I tells ya.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:39 pm

It's just a shame. It's a 30,000km bike that looks like a 150,000 engine in it!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Boysie
Carlotto
Carlotto
Boysie

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:33 am

I'm lost... How does an O2 modifier wear the cam chain? Or have I miss read.. Possible it's early Smile
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:39 am

Fuel in oil.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:14 am

Lots and lots of fucking fuel.

Enough fuel to wear a 4 thou wear ridge in Nicasil in??? Well, I don't think these bits of shit were put in more than 5,000 km ago.

Then because the oil has become so contaminated its trashed the chains, (Chains don't 'Stretch'. They get longer because the pins wear if they are unlubricated. Morse Silent Chains, also known as inverted tooth chains, are fairly hardy but petrol isn't a good lubricant.).

The big problem with the O2 sensor foolers is that they seem to not work in a consistent fashion. At some loads and throttle openings they can seem to work. At others, or even in different conditions, they can cause the fueling to be completely different.

Very early in the piece, I can't remember if it was on my G11 or my G12, I experimented with a 'Fat Duc'. While it did smooth out the bottom end it also caused the ECU to throw up a 'Service' warning and I could feel the bike fall into 'Limp' mode while riding. Examination of the plugs showed a really rich condition. I pissed it off quick-smart.

I know that a lot of people will swear their bikes run magnificently with these devices. Perhaps they do. Perhaps they DON'T cause these terrible issues unless you commonly ride at exactly the right or *Wrong*, place in terms of revs, load or speed. I really don't know. All I can say is that I've consistently seen what I would consider 'Suspicious' symptoms in several engines fitted with these devices and now have this great piece of crap on my workbench at my busiest time of year.

Do I *Know* for sure that this is the source of the problem? No, I don't. But after forty years in this bizznizz I think I'm as well qualified as anybody to join the fucking dots.

Pete
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:18 am

Very similar (if not the same 2c resistor and LED lamp in a box) thing WAS the rage for turbo diesels some 10 years ago. Bad kaka.
Back to top Go down
Boysie
Carlotto
Carlotto
Boysie

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:44 am

No need for an O2 controller on the Goose as Marks map has done the trick and my bike now runs better than ever..

What I wanted to say though, and I’m not sure this is correct, but the O2 controller on my 690 KTM seems to work very well and the guy who makes them claims they are not the resistor type but somehow control the square wave voltage.

From his advert

This mod is not a fixed resistor-type mod it controls the square wave voltage signal from the O2 sensor to the ECU,
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Boysie wrote:
No need for an O2 controller on the Goose as Marks map has done the trick and my bike now runs better than ever..

What I wanted to say though, and I’m not sure this is correct, but the O2 controller on my 690 KTM seems to work very well and the guy who makes them claims they are not the resistor type but somehow control the square wave voltage.

From his advert

This mod is not a fixed resistor-type mod it controls the square wave voltage signal from the O2 sensor to the ECU,

Well suppose that is only because else you get a service message. The ecu checks is if there a not a fixed value, because then the sensor is not working
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Sponsored content

O2 sensor foolers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: O2 sensor foolers?   O2 sensor foolers? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

O2 sensor foolers?
Page 1 of 1