GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Ethanol in Fuel

Go down 
+3
Grisonut
Pete Roper
LBC Tenni
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:33 am

It seems the corn alcohol mafia pricks have managed to eliminate ethanol free gas from the few stations in my area that offered it. Has anyone else in this boat found an additive or some other magic that will mitigate the damage this piss does to our bikes?
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Found this website for others in the U.S. wanting to avoid ethanol fuel:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unfortunately it shows that there are now only 2 ethanol free stations left in the entire Los Angeles area and the closest one for me is about 30 miles from home.

I did some research on additives that claim to lessen the harmful effects of ethanol, but I'm not confident in their effectiveness or safety.

I read that Ducati is now refusing warranty coverage for problems deemed to be caused by ethanol. I wonder if Guzzi and others will follow.

It seems there is nothing safe from the money-grubbing rat-bastard politicians and their corporate sponsors.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:10 pm

The thing is its a rotten fuel and takes large areas out of food production. It's all a result of agribusiness lobbying. Virtually everything in the USA has some sort of corn product in it, it's insane!

Pete
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:20 pm

Only 13 ethanol free stations left in the entire state of California. Insane is right Pete!

Yet Alaska has no ethanol in any of their fuel. Glad somebody is standing up to these corn nuts!
Back to top Go down

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:31 pm

El-bee, try researching Sta-bil

They have a special additive for ethanol blends.
I would contact them with all your concerns, enough enquiries and they may develop a specific motorcycle product.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks Ghezzi. I may give Sta-bil a try. I have a general lack of trust in additives, but now that I've lost my neighborhood source of ethanol free fuel, something has to be done.
My online research shows that this ethanol madness is spreading to other countries. There was a recent study in Sao Paulo, Brazil, that concluded ethanol fuel is also bad for the air quality. It has increased the ozone levels there by 20%. Watch your politicians everyone. If you turn your back they'll be force-feeding you this crap. I'm afraid the reality is that the average voter doesn't know enough about the subject to care or cast an informed vote, so big money wins every time. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:25 pm

A new Racetrack station opened a couple miles from my house and every pump has a 90 octane ethanol free gas...
Happy about that but there still isn't much of those gas station in Orlando.
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:40 pm

ghezzi wrote:
El-bee, try researching Sta-bil

They have a special additive for ethanol blends.
I would contact them with all your concerns, enough enquiries and they may develop a specific motorcycle product.

Let me dig around a little.  Maybe BITOG had the article, but Stabil is not-so-good.  The mouse milk of choice appears to be Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment.

Edit: Here is a blog from a link in BITOG with some test results: Tom Marlowe.  It's certainly not conclusive by itself, but it is one of many.
Back to top Go down
Cabinetmaker
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Cabinetmaker

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:43 am

Do a little research on Sea Foam. From what I've read, it is superior to Sta-bil in that it is a petrol-based additive, as opposed to an alcohol-based additive, alcohol being the problem in the first place. Has to do with water retention.

I use it occasionally in my truck and motorcycle, also works great in small engines such as chainsaws, lawn mowers, etc.
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:08 am

LBC Tenni wrote:
Found this website for others in the U.S. wanting to avoid ethanol fuel:

Unfortunately it shows that there are now only 2 ethanol free stations left in the entire Los Angeles area and the closest one for me is about 30 miles from home.

I did some research on additives that claim to lessen the harmful effects of ethanol, but I'm not confident in their effectiveness or safety.

I read that Ducati is now refusing warranty coverage for problems deemed to be caused by ethanol. I wonder if Guzzi and others will follow.

It seems there is nothing safe from the money-grubbing rat-bastard politicians and their corporate sponsors.

I concur completely with your last sentence... Well said sir, well said.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:22 pm

Well, that Racetrack station that has no ethanol in my neighborhood just lowered the octane rating from 90 to 87.
Damn bastards! I ain't running 87 in my bikes so I'm back to square one.
Pisses me off really.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:01 pm

Possible try 'heat' as well. That's suppose to deal with water in the fuel which is what happens when ethanol seperates. New lawnmowers have warnings against E85. Had to rebuld the carb on my mower 2x....

In somestates the non-food grade fields look like scorched earth. The UK asked the US to stop at one point since it's raising the cost of meat.

A girlfriend has a corn allergy...it is in f-ing everything, including all sorts of health/beauty products in fructose form

Considering diesel for the next car but the US has very few options as usual.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ethanol in Fuel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ethanol in Fuel   Ethanol in Fuel Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Ethanol in Fuel
Page 1 of 1