GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Almost Sinned

Go down 
+7
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
sidrat
TalkingGriso
Andy in NZ
Steak
Oca
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:41 pm

Forgive me father, for I almost sinned.

So, I don't think I am much different than most of the posters on this board. A new bike comes out, the itch needs to be scratched.

I went to look at the R 9T. Nice bike, but nah.

I went to look at the new Monster 821. Very exciting, but too much.

As I was riding through the roads of Ventura County, CA, on a nice leisurely ride - 3rd gear - 5,000 RPM - 58mph all I could hear looping in my head was Pavarotti singing La Dona e Mobile.

I LOVE THIS FUCKING BIKE.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:56 pm

The GRiSO, he speaks to you eh?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:59 pm

More like an Italian aria. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:58 pm

I like your symphony thinking.
I once rode through the Mt Lindsey twists and caught up to a GSX-R who then decided to play, I was on a Ducati Hypermotard. While the gixxer was in 1st gear at umpteen thousand revs, full throttle and manic braking, and the pilot was physically leaping from side to side, all in 40°C heat. I on the other hand was in 2nd or 3rd, roll on roll off and occasional dab of the brake, not moving in the saddle. The thought occurred to me ................ AC/DC verses Beethoven.

And just like the heavy rockers, at the end he collapsed in a heap on the side of the road, an absolute ball of sweat. He invited me to join them every weekend, apparently none of his mates would play like that. I declined his offer and when his mates turned up I continued the waltz, solo.
Back to top Go down
Andy in NZ
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Andy in NZ

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:55 pm

Nice Smile
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Pavarotti is exactly right. Some v-twins are basso, but GRiSO is a powerful tenor. I love listening to mine sing at 7 grand.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:11 am

Its great to be involved in a forum where everyone thinks the same as you :-)
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:26 am

I don't
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:57 am

But you're an idiot! Very Happy

Really though, there is no such thing as perfect. Having said that if I could of had a factory build a bike just for me? The G8 would pretty much be it.

If I was twenty years younger I would probably have a TV-4 in the garage. If I was thirty years younger Jude would have to be dealing with the paperwork after my funeral and working out how to get rid of the remains of an RSV-4.

There are a host of great bikes available. Far more than when I was a kid they are 'Niche' marketed. There are very few 'All Rounders' any more. You pays yer money and yer takes yer choice. If other people make different choices? Well, they are obviously idiots! But it is their right to be idiotic, and wrong, and I don't begrudge them that, much, sometimes.........Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:27 am

I can't imagine a better combination of bikes to own than my 8V GRiSO and 2nd Gen Tuono. Both are such amazing machines that have really gotten into my head and heart. Sold my BMW to my brother who is thoroughly enjoying learning to ride and I think we'll take a 4-5 day trip to and through Arkansas in the spring. Of course both of my bikes get terrible gas mileage (I didn't get them for their fuel economy) so I'll be strapping a gas can to the GRiSO for that trip to extend my range.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:36 am

Great post.

Have often thought of such things when riding.

Kicked hard low (tho one might think a castrato would result from such  Shocked ), my Ballabio with FbF cans seemed near basso profondo.  My EV and Norges are more tenor like, but the GRiSO, a baritone.  

Whatever voice, tho, it's heady music.

Oca wrote:
More like an Italian aria.  Very Happy

I am a drummer, thus no musician Very Happy , but I thought that "La donna è mobile" was an aria.  Oh, well, matters not, as whatever it is, I do like the "fickle" part.  Wink

Bill
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:15 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I don't

As my stand in life is to dissagree with everything first then work from that standpoint.........you do :-)
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:08 am

That R9T is a nice bike for sure. I dare not ride one. I really like the CB1100 when I'm on her, as much as the GRiSO when I ride her. I do prefer the GRiSO for the open road, the CB is better in town and in the tight twisties Both are torque monsters, finding I'm a torque junkie so they suit me.

For me, they are two sides of the same coin.
Back to top Go down

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:24 pm

"For me, they are two sides of the same coin".
Sounds to me rboe, like your might be a two faced son of a bitch.

My advice, don't buy the R9T coz you might develop multiple personality disorder. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:06 pm

R9T?? Fuggit about it.
Seriously - if I was buying a Bavarian twin it would be a Rockster. Never an R9T.
But I don't need a Rockster, I have a GRiSO. Everything a Rockster ever wanted to be. And Italian to boot.

DM
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Almost Sinned Empty
PostSubject: Re: Almost Sinned   Almost Sinned Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Almost Sinned
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: