GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!

Go down 
+6
Steak
Canyon Carver
Laker
DungeonMaster
wyno
bobbyfromnc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Bobby. After a rather lengthy hiatus from motorcycling I started riding again back in 2011. I returned on a metric bike to re wet my feet and rediscovered the joy and relaxation of motorcycling. In 2012... I purchased a lifetime want, a new Harley and have very much enjoyed that experience. I really do like my bike and enjoy it immensely. Mostly I ride alone. I work the early morning shift (3rd) which works well for me... I enjoy riding mid mornings through mid afternoons just tooling along mostly secondary roads riding somewhere for a bite to eat once or twice a week. I along with many friends from work get together and go riding in the mountains of North Carolina and Virginia several times a year. One of those friends rides a Moto Guzzi Stelvio. I remember being thoroughly impressed with his bike. Well time passed and one day while surfing the web I thought I would take some time and research Moto Guzzi. Wow an impressive history to say the least. But then I saw it... and was totally smitten Smile a GRiSO, so much so I drove two hundred miles round trip to Charlotte NC to see one, GULP... I am now suffering from MAS (motorcycle acquisition syndrome). Unfortunately no GRiSO to test ride but did ride a Norge and I liked it. Needless to say I am a patient man and have plans to acquire a GRiSO in the spring. I am looking forward to dropping by here to learn even more about the Moto Guzzi experience and perhaps make some new friends along the way. Thanks and good day, BK
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:08 pm

Welcome BK. Once you have ridden the GRiSO, you will have to get one. They are addictive and bring out the inner hooligan.....every time you ride it.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:26 pm

I have been riding a long time and I have ridden several Guzzi's and the GRiSO is the Sweetest.
Just get a GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 5:50 pm

Howdy and welcome BK. Glad you're getting a GRiSO. I have a friend who has been riding bikes for 30 years and he recently took my GRiSO for a spin, hopped off with wide eyes and said, "Wow, I've never ridden anything like that before!"

So you say you're a patient man. What's that like? Tell me now!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:18 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto compadre. Grisos are a bit rarer, so hard to find compared to other models. If you do a search on Cycle Trader, Craig's List and Ebay, you can turn them up. I was considering a new one last year, when I stumbled on one with 3K miles, 2012 in green. I saved over $4K and couldn't be happier. (I also own a HD FXLR) and trade riding days. Some here only will own Guzzis. That says a lot for the brand right there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:33 am

Welcome to the ghetto, the home of the GRiSO. If you have any questions, fire away, lots of opinions here, but a definite bias towards the GRiSO. If it speaks to you, listen but don't argue. In the end the GRiSO always wins. It is what it is...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:17 am

wyno wrote:
Welcome BK. Once you have ridden the GRiSO, you will have to get one. They are addictive and bring out the inner hooligan.....every time you ride it.

DungeonMaster wrote:
I have been riding a long time and I have ridden several Guzzi's and the GRiSO is the Sweetest.
Just get a GRiSO.

Laker wrote:
Howdy and welcome BK.  Glad you're getting a GRiSO.  I have a friend who has been riding bikes for 30 years and he recently took my GRiSO for a spin, hopped off with wide eyes and said, "Wow, I've never ridden anything like that before!"  

So you say you're a patient man.  What's that like?  Tell me now!

Canyon Carver wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto compadre. Grisos are a bit rarer, so hard to find compared to other models. If you do a search on Cycle Trader, Craig's List and Ebay, you can turn them up. I was considering a new one last year, when I stumbled on one with 3K miles, 2012 in green. I saved over $4K and couldn't be happier. (I also own a HD FXLR) and trade riding days. Some here only will own Guzzis. That says a lot for the brand right there. Smile

Steak wrote:
Welcome to the ghetto, the home of the GRiSO.  If you have any questions, fire away, lots of opinions here, but a definite bias towards the GRiSO.  If it speaks to you, listen but don't argue.  In the end the GRiSO always wins.  It is what it is...

Thanks everyone... I can tell already that this forum in particular will be most helpful in being knowledgeable when purchase time comes... with the what, how and why issues rooted in the mind to make the Moto Guzzi GRiSO experience over the top. BK
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Most important points
a) Ride it Hard!! Get the heads and rocker boxes All The Way Warmed Up.
b) Make SURE to check drive shaft spline lube. Many are not lubed.

DM
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:22 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
Most important points
a) Ride it Hard!! Get the heads and rocker boxes All The Way Warmed Up.
b) Make SURE to check drive shaft spline lube. Many are not lubed.

DM

Thanks for your advice! cheers
Back to top Go down
MinglewoodNC
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
MinglewoodNC

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Hi BK, I'm in Westfield NC, just outside of Pilot Mtn. I've got a GRiSO and a 1200 Sport you can get a spin on most likely. We'll just need to meet and greet and if you are not in reality some 25 year old squid  that likes to wheelie everything you should be good to go.
          Bill
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:52 pm

Yes!
Let the Corruption begin!
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:08 am

MinglewoodNC wrote:
Hi BK, I'm in Westfield NC, just outside of Pilot Mtn. I've got a GRiSO and a 1200 Sport you can get a spin on most likely. We'll just need to meet and greet and if you are not in reality some 25 year old squid  that likes to wheelie everything you should be good to go.
          Bill

Thanks Bill. I will send a private message with my cell number... I assure you I am not a 25 year old hellion :-)

DungeonMaster wrote:
Yes!
Let the Corruption begin!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:42 pm

I'm not a 25 year old Hellion.
I'm a 51 year old Hellion.
Crank up the Judas Priest and tach up the GRiSO.

DM
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:40 am

DungeonMaster wrote:

DM

To funny... I'm liking this forum. BK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:48 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:

DM

What he said....
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Welcome Bobby,

Post some pics when you get her! We're kinda like dogs sniffin each others asses around here........well, except for Harry, he's got his own thing going with the sheep but it's all good. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:23 am

Well I haven't procured a GRiSO as of yet. Planning on that in the spring. So I will post a couple of pics... One you will see I'm not a young hellion Very Happy  Two my current ride ain't bad cheers

[url=[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
garyclem
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
garyclem

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:02 am

Welcome, you sure are better looking than most of the old fucks that inhabit the Ghetto Very Happy . And that sure is a very nice Wide Glide Thumbs Up , but such a shame she won't get much attention after you get your GRiSO in the Spring Sad ............. most of my usual riding mates have Hogs that they simply adore ........... and are just as passionate about as we are here about the GRiSO. I tried a FXDX Sport (I think that was what it was called) for a few months but it just didn't 'float my boat' like Harleys do for them ............ I sure will be interested to hear what you think about your first GRiSO experience
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:54 am

Welcome bobby
Need info just ask, these guys are great.
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:11 pm

Grisodude wrote:
Welcome bobby
Need info just ask, these guys are great.

Thanks! I am enjoying this forum.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:35 pm

One. You're just as old, fat and ugly as the rest of us.
Two. Your current ride ain't that good either. You'll understand when you get the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
bobbyfromnc

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:21 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!   Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Winston-Salem North Carolina!
Page 1 of 1