GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool

Go down 
+6
TalkingGriso
keenerkeen07
Oz1200Guzzi
beetle
grisorosso
LBC Tenni
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Empty
PostSubject: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:38 pm

Wanted to recommend this great little tire repair tool:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I used this to repair a recent flat which was caused by what looked like a fragment of a jigsaw blade. It was a small cut, not just a puncture, so I was not hopeful of being able to repair it to last long. But I picked this up at Cycle Gear and it worked like a charm. The tire is still holding air perfectly after many miles.

Very effective, light weight and compact. Best part is no reaming the hole bigger or trying to force those fat sticky ropes through it.

Easiest tire repair ever.  Why didn't I invent that?!

The only downside is now I'm continuing to roll with the stock Metzelers. I'll replace with the PR4 as soon as I get down to the wear bars.
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:55 am

The size of the tool makes it compact enough to stash under the seat. Nicely machined too.
Cool tool, but as a fool I ask, with the hole plugged, what did you employ to pump the sucker up?
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:15 am

I was fairly close to home and didn't have a pump, so I just called for a tow. I'm shopping now for one of those micro pumps that's easy to bring along. Dynaplug sells one, but it's a little pricey.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:46 pm

I've got one of these AirMan pumps and have also given a few away as gifts. Very lightweight and compact - also a great bargain at about $20!

AirMan compact tire pump

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Thanks Steak! Exactly what I was hoping to find!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:56 pm

Anyone tried the Dynaplug kit that comes with a compressor? I'm gonna get Santa to bring me a Dynaplug repair kit, but don't know whether to get the whole thing from Dynaplug or get the Airman.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:17 pm

I have these, I could have shown you them on the weekend. I never thought...

RepairKit

Pump

both arrived the day after ordering - impressive...
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:35 pm

There is this to transfer air between tires. Could shorten the hoses, I would think.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:15 pm

CC - ferk that up and you'll have two flat tyres.
For me the better systems would have to include the Co2 pump if you didn't carry a tyre pump.

This guy tests 3 different products and recommends "Pocket Tyre Plugger"
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:37 pm

CO2 canisters are a no-no in my opinion - If you cock it up the first time, you are left huffing and puffing. A compressor solves that and can be used to check/inflate tyres when you are away form your normal source of air.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Steak wrote:
I've got one of these AirMan pumps and have also given a few away as gifts.  Very lightweight and compact - also a great bargain at about $20!

AirMan compact tire pump

yep i used my Airman to air up when i was done off road with my dr650, they work a treat and are cheap....
Back to top Go down
TalkingGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
TalkingGriso

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:55 pm

Thanks for the tip, LBC! Ironically, my GRiSO suffered a cut tire just yesterday while out in the Angeles Forest. Was thinking the only cure is a new tire, but I think I'll give this a shot first just to see if it's fixable.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:08 am

TalkingGriso wrote:
Thanks for the tip, LBC!  Ironically, my GRiSO suffered a cut tire just yesterday while out in the Angeles Forest.  Was thinking the only cure is a new tire, but I think I'll give this a shot first just to see if it's fixable.  

An important tip from my first experience with the Dynaplug:

After I got the plug in, there was still a tiny leak. So I let air out until the tire was only at about 15 PSI. I let it sit overnight like that and in the morning no more leak. If you leave the pressure too high it may not be able to form a good seal. I've been riding it normally and the plug is holding up perfectly.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:18 am

Steak wrote:
I've got one of these AirMan pumps and have also given a few away as gifts.  Very lightweight and compact - also a great bargain at about $20!

AirMan compact tire pump

Weird. It shows as 20$, but when I add it to the cart it shows $43.94 - are they charging almost 100% the price for shipping?
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:02 am

Here's the cheapest E-bay price I found.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:25 pm

tocino wrote:
Steak wrote:

AirMan compact tire pump

Weird. It shows as 20$, but when I add it to the cart it shows $43.94 - are they charging almost 100% the price for shipping?

Hmmm, that's curious. I just tried it and got the same result. I don't think it is the shipping as I believe that is added in later. I know that when I purchased several from them a couple years ago, they were roughly $20 each. I suspect it is probably a glitch in the online algorithm. If you are interested in buying from them, I would order by phone to confirm and alert them to the discrepancy when ordering from the web. I suppose it is possible that the listed price of $20 could be incorrect. Either way, a phone call should clarify.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:21 pm

If you'd bother to look on Ebay you'll see they sart at around $40. Ebay and Amazon typically have competive pricing, though in some instances, some moron will price an item higher.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:33 am

I did bother to look.
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
DangWangi

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:12 pm

Great tip LBC Tenni! I just got a flat the other day and used a dynaplug along with your advice and so far I have not seen any drop in psi. I'd hate to have to replace the tire with only 1100 miles on it but I guess I will do so at the end of the season even though I know there are lots of folks here who would shame me for riding on a plug. Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool   Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dynaplug Tire Repair Tool
Page 1 of 1