GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO getting 30 mpg

Go down 
+7
Boysie
keenerkeen07
grisorosso
Pete Roper
opc
svru
LBC Tenni
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

GRiSO getting 30 mpg - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO getting 30 mpg   GRiSO getting 30 mpg - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Sorry to interrupt the ethanol hate fest, but just going back to Laker's original dilemma of a bit of a thirsty GRiSO, my recent experiences with the Arrow midpipe may be helpful.

The pretzel is absolutely necessary for low down grunt. The less bendy midpipes from Arrow and Agostini (when mapped properly) basically mean a lot more top end power, but somewhat pedestrian low and mid go comparatively. If his Rexxer map was done right, Laker will know his GRiSO goes like a dog shot up the arse once the revs get north of 6000 RPM.

Now, my experience with Rexxer (and other tuners) is that they only modify the main fuel map, leaving the delta-fuel and other tables alone. This is a trap for the unwary, as without the pretzel, the factory delta-fuel will fuel the right cylinder all wrong like. Not to mention the the other correction tables doing your fuelling a naughty.

Sorry about the long-winded preface, but Laker, I reckon your lower mpg is due to the delta-fuel slobbering fuel at certain throttle positions.

I would like to help, and I reckon there is a couple of ways to go. You can either send me your Rexxer map and I'll tweak it, or I can send you my Arrow-Mistral map and you can try it. Worse case scenario, if it don't work, you can stick your original Rexxer map back in.

What you reckon?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO getting 30 mpg   GRiSO getting 30 mpg - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:43 pm

Beetle I'm interested, thank you much.  Looks like my next step is to get a Guzzidiag?

Oh and you are dead on the money, the GRiSO is an absolute dream cruiser below 6K rpm and is pulls like a jet above. It's really quite amazing. I've been concerned about changing the map because I really don't know shit about shit when it comes to that sort of thing but there's only one way to learn.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO getting 30 mpg   GRiSO getting 30 mpg - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:38 pm

Yep. Get the cables. Guaranteed to work from these guys CLICKY, or maybe someone from the U.S. can suggest a good Amazon source?

Don't be afraid, it's easy to change maps. You can't hurt anything, and I said, you can always go back to the current map if all else fails.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO getting 30 mpg   GRiSO getting 30 mpg - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO getting 30 mpg
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2