GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.

Go down 
+6
Grisonut
Canyon Carver
Steak
little750
Enzo the baker
Pete Roper
10 posters
AuthorMessage
scatterist
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
scatterist

Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Empty
PostSubject: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:39 am

Shoei X Spirit II
Moto Guzzi 1200 (standard)

Helmet buzzes exactly on the ton. The helmet is a good fit but vibrates my head at the said speed. I need a screen. Some screens look cool, some look like sht. Can anyone recommend a cool one that would alter the aerodynamic?

Also, while you're here, can you recommend a helmet for a fat head? I had the X Spirit mk1 not out of choice-it was the only one fitted me-everything else was too small. Same with the X Spirit mk2. The largest sizes in other brands don't even slip on my head. Much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:52 am

Can't help with the buzzing because there are so many buzzes and rattles on my old piece of shit that I'd never notice another one! I'm also a deef old c*nt who wears earplugs to somewhat fruitlessly retain what little remains of his hearing!

I can advise on the Huge Melon issue. Try an HJC. They are made for deformed freaks like me who look like the fucking Mekon, (You're far too young to know who the Mekon was but Google up Dan Dare and you'll soon find out.). I've currently got a Shark modular helmet that I love but it crushes my specs into my head when I have the chin piece down and is only *Just* big enough for my scone. I think my next one will be another HJC.

The way I test helmets is to go to the shop and try them on with a good book, or my iPad, and sit with each one on for half an hour while having a good read. If they are going to hurt they'll hurt while you are reading, usually. The shop assistants think you're bonkers and you find yourself being pointed at and discussed quietly by people but one of the only good things about getting old is you really, really, don't give a fuck! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:02 am

MRA Vario screen and Shoei RF1200 Helmet, quietest helmet I've ever had.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
scatterist
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
scatterist

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:50 am

but one of the only good things about getting old is you really, really, don't give a ....

Option: sensible.
Option 2: do what you want.

I acted with a guy in London who would recite his lines from Shakespeare on a packed tube train in the morning. He had a thunderous voice. You would have noticed. A lot.

HJC, MFA Vario, Shoei RF1200. Got it. The problem is really vibration rather than sound. The helmet resonates in a strange way and comes on at 100mph. It's high frequency and instant. Back off the throttle it goes. Got to be worth the vario screen - it doesn't look sht. I'm sending a Virtual Beer to you both.
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:04 am

Go faster than 100, sorted or not?
Back to top Go down
scatterist
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
scatterist

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:17 am

can't remember. It's been raining for so long. I think it may ease slightly but at those speeds there's buffeting anyway.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:13 am

[moved to the GRiSO customization section]

This will keep you busy reading about windscreens for a while...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:26 am

Put a piece of thick tape on a corner of the face shield. It's probably the shield vibrating. Idea Idea
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:24 pm

My fairly new AGV (Skyline) is starting to be noisy and I know it's the visor...
I might try some felt material around the opening and see what happens.
That helmet was quiet when new and I'd like to get it back that way as I like the built in visor and love the quick release.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:33 pm

scatterist wrote:
Shoei X Spirit II
Moto Guzzi 1200 (standard)

Helmet buzzes exactly on the ton. The helmet is a good fit but vibrates my head at the said speed.  ****

This is brilliant.

If you could find the sweet buzzy spots for other mph markers, e.g., 35, 55, and 70 or so, for the US market, at least, you'd make a mint. Sort of a poor man's aural version of a heads-up display.  jocolor

Bill
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:34 am

an "ear up" display?
Back to top Go down
scatterist
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
scatterist

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:27 am

Thanks for your input Bill.

Carver: The problem is not the visor, however. I flip the visor up and down-turn my head side to side. The vibration is high resonance and powerful. It vibrates the visor and probably my eyeballs. This reminds me, I have to visit my friend who is suffering from a detached retina he got from what appears to be a bizarre sunbathing accident.

I will get an MFA Vario screen or similar - this will alter the aerodynamic feature. My friend though, well lounging in a pool in Crete is not without risk.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:55 am

scatterist wrote:
I have to visit my friend who is suffering from a detached retina he got from what appears to be a bizarre sunbathing accident ... lounging in a pool in Crete is not without risk.

affraid and Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.   Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Aerodynamic Conflict. Helmet/bike.
Page 1 of 1